Chapter 8.5

I heard her, but I was too busy fighting a sentry to do anything about it. I melted the sentry as she waved her hands around my head. I shook it off, walking down the corridor. As I rounded the corner, all I saw was black. I turned back around, only to see more black.

Then everything lit up. I was in a garden, and a Golden Retriever was running around. A little girl and a little boy were chasing after it. A man with brown hair and blue eyes was sat down at a table, smiling with his glasses slid about halfway down his nose. A woman with brown hair and eyes sat across the table, her skin spotted with freckles.

It was my mother and father. But, who were the kids? I didn't have any siblings. Then I remembered, something I had suppressed for years. My mother hadn't been the only one that died that day.

She was pregnant, with a boy and a girl. Those were my siblings. My dead siblings, who never got to see the light of day. It was my family before it got ripped apart almost a decade ago. "Ellie? What's wrong?" My little sister had come running up to me.

"Nothing, I'm fine," I lied. "Lia! Come on, I wanna play!" My brother whined. "Fine, Leo," She sighed, running back over. "Ellie? What's wrong? You look sick," My mother said, concern clouding her features. "I'm okay, just a headache," I fibbed.

I felt sick. This was my family, at least what it could've been. "You should sit down," She said, and I did so. She pressed a hand to my forehead, withdrawing it suspiciously. "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked, and I nodded.

"I think I'm gonna take a little walk," I said, standing up, but all the light disappeared as I did. I froze when I heard a spotlight thud on, illuminating a section of the ground. Laying there, was Tony's body. His suit was melted in a way only my acid could cause. The light turned off, and another appeared.

The light is shown down on Steve's body. There were angry purple bruise marks on his neck. Then it switched to Bruce, his neck twisted at an inhuman angle. Then Thor, his face bloodied and bruised, a slit in his neck. Then Nat, 16 bulletholes littered throughout her body.

Then Laura, a bullet where her heart would be. Then Cooper and Lila, clinging to each other with bullet holes in their heads. The sight made me sick. Who would do this? I thought. The worst, by far, was Clint.

In his neck, were two holes. A snake bite. Then the voices started. Tony Stark, found dead in his home. The murderer suspected to be the rogue Avenger, Snakebite.

Steve Rogers killed while fighting Snakebite. Bruce Banner, neck snapped by Snakebite. Natasha Romanoff, shot 16 times by Snakebite. Laura Barton, shot in her home by Snakebite. Cooper and Lila Barton, shot and killed by Snakebite.

Clint Barton was found dead in his home with a snakebite in his neck. The murderer suspected to be Ellie Barton, known by many as Snakebite. I felt like throwing up. I had done this. To my family. 

I turned around, not wanting to see the bodies. I regretted it instantly. An astral form of my mother was standing there. "This is your fault. You could've called the ambulance faster. They could've saved me," She rasped. "NO! You said it wasn't my fault! You promised it wasn't!" I cried.

Then she disappeared and was replaced by twin siblings. "You could've saved us. You killed us instead. You never wanted us," They said in sync. "No! Stop! That's not true!" I shouted. Then my father appeared. "You idiot. If you had said you killed the snake, I wouldn't be dead. Everyone but you wouldn't be dead," He said.

"You told me to hide! I did what you asked!" I sobbed. Then Tony appeared, his arms crossed. "I thought you were better than this, Scotch. You killed me for what? What is something I said?" Tony sneered. "No! I didn't kill you! You're alive, you didn't do anything wrong!" I cried. Then Steve appeared.

They all looked fine like nothing had ever happened to them. "I never should've given you a spot on the team. You're useless, and the rest of us are dead because you were stupid," He snapped. I had never seen Cap angry before, and tears were streaming down my face. "Steve, stop! That isn't true!" I screamed. "I trusted you, Ellie. And you do this to me. What did I ever do to you?" Banner said scathingly.

"Bruce! Listen to me! You're smart, you know it wasn't me!" I said desperately, but he was replaced with Natasha. "You're sick, worse than Loki or Darness. It should've been you that died in that explosion," She hissed. "Nat! Nat, please! It wasn't me, I swear it wasn't me!" I said. Then Laura appeared. "I loved you, I let you into my family, and you kill me. You're the biggest regret I have, letting you into my life," She sneered.

"Laura, that's not true! I didn't kill you!" I cried. Then Cooper and Lila appeared, clinging onto each other. They were screaming at the sight of me. "Cooper! Lila! Don't be scared, it just me! It's Ellie, your sister!" I said. Then Clint appeared, a look of disappointment on his face.

The silence, the silence filled with disappointment and hate, was the worst of them all.

a/n Okay, so I know Ellie said Wanda didn't get to her, and she didn't. This is what would've happened if she HAD gotten to her. This is what I call a special chapter. Special chapters, unless otherwise explicitly stated, are NON-CANONICAL. It's kinda like the upcoming Disney+ show What if...?