Chapter 8

"Aw, junior, you're gonna break your old man's heart," Tony said, landing in his suit on the bridge in front of Ultron. "If I have to," Ultron replied. "Nobody has to break anything," Thor said. "Clearly you've never made an omelet," Ultron said. "He beat me by one second," Tony said.

"Ah, yes. He's funny. Mr. Stark. It's what? Comfortable? Like old times?" A thick-accented voice asked. "This was never my life," Tony said. "You two can still walk away from this," Cap said. "Oh, we will," Another, more feminine, accented voice rang out, and Ultron let out a chilling laugh.

"Captain America. God's righteous man. Pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..." Ultron said. "If you believe in peace, then let us keep it," Thor said. "I think you're confusing 'peace' with 'quiet.'" Ultron said. "Uh-huh. What's the vibranium for?" Tony asked. "I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan," I heard a pulse and a shout of alarm.

There was the sound of metal hitting metal, and I assumed Tony and Ultron were dueling. Bullets started to rain down on us as some of Klaue's workers shot at us. I jumped one guy, sinking my teeth into his neck and injecting venom into his bloodstream. I could hear Nat fighting some others and the sound of a bow being fired. Another 4 guys were approaching me, guns raised.

"Let's dance, shall we?" I asked, sweeping the legs of one of them. A shot whizzed past my head, and another hit my chest. It didn't do anything, because my suit was bulletproof, but it was going to bruise. I grabbed the gun from the dead guy, popping 2 of the men in the head quickly. There were two left, but one was incapacitated.

I turned my attention to the remaining man, and he whimpered. "I submit," He said, dropping his gun and holding his hands up. "Get out of here before I change my mind," I said, and he ran away as fast as he could. "That was a nice dance," I said. "No, it wasn't," The incapacitated man said.

A group of Ultron's sentries wandered past, and I quickly turned invisible. I crept silently up behind them, hitting all of them in the cores with acid. "Guys? Is this a code green?" Bruce asked on the coms. I heard a beeping, and there was a blast on the deck from one of Clint's arrows. Using that, I quickly made my way over to him.

A girl crept up behind him, but he put a shock arrow to her forehead, electrocuting her. "I've done the whole mind control thing. Not a fan," He said, but got launched through a window by a blur. A blonde boy ripped the arrow off the girl's head, picking her up and running off with her. "Yeah, you better run," Clint muttered from his spot. "You okay?" I asked, going over and offering a hand.

"Ellie, you're invisible," Clint reminded me, so I let my arm appear. He grabbed it and I hauled him up. "I think she got most of the others," I said. "What about you?" He asked. "No, she couldn't see me," I said.

"Let's round everyone up. Tony's off fighting the Hulk, the girl got to him," I said, reappearing. "You get Thor and Cap, I'll get Nat," He said, and I nodded. I stepped out to where I could see most of the ship, quickly spotting Cap laying in some guns and Thor standing on a bridge. I went to Thor first, walking over and waving a hand in front of his face. After a while of doing this, he blinked.

"Oh, it's you, Lady Ellie," He said. "Come on, I need your help getting Cap up," I said, leading him over to where Cap was. We both grabbed a hand and pulled him up, which was harder than it looks, steadying him. He snapped back to reality, aiming a fist at my face. I ducked as to protect said face.

"Cap, it's me, Ellie. You're okay," I said, and he dropped his fist. Clint appeared, one arm draped over Nat's shoulders. "It's bad, isn't it?" I asked. "Yeah. Let's get back to the quinjet. Tony said he'd meet us there," Clint said. I placed a hand on both Cap and Thor's backs, leading them out to the quinjet.

When we got there, Tony and Bruce were already waiting, Bruce wrapped in a blanket and Tony sitting in a chair. Cap and Thor sat down, and Clint lowered Nat into a seat. "Tony, you alright? She didn't get you, did she?" I asked. "No, I'm fine," He said as I sat next to him. "What about you?" He asked.

"I managed to evade her,"