Chapter 12: Bella's Birthday

Bella's POV:
It's been a little over a week since Derek and I had said we loved each other. It was October 15th and I was finally 19, I walked downstairs and saw Tina had made my favorite breakfast. There was a note and credit card at my spot at the table.
Dear Bella,
I'm sorry your father and I couldn't be there with you, we've decided to let you spend this credit card on whatever. We live you and hope you have a great day. Your father and I will be back on Wednesday night.
Love,
Your mother
I was disappointed that they weren't there but why was I expecting anything different from the usual. I knew that I was going to buy new clothes, I also wanted a pet. I figured figured I'd ask Derek to cone with me after school to get a pet.

Derek's POV:
I was super nervous about my gift for Bella, I used some of my saved money to buy her a necklace. I couldn't believe Bella didn't tell me about her birthday, it was pure luck that Danielle told me. I had Ella, Rebecca, and Sophia, plan the party at the clubhouse. I decided to take my truck and go pick Bella up at her house. On the way to school, Bella asked if I would go shopping for a pet with her, I agreed knowing it would give Ella more time to plan. The school day went by relatively quickly and soon we were off to go get Bella a pet. Bella wanted a puppy but didn't know which type so we sent about an hour searching for one.

Bella's POV:
I didn't know what type of dog I wanted, each dog was super cute. I had so many that I wanted, but I was waiting for a special connection, then I saw it.

 I had so many that I wanted, but I was waiting for a special connection, then I saw it

I knew right away that this was my perfect dog. On the way home, Derek asked what I wanted to name her, I decided on Sugar Cube Peters. Derek told me to get dressed for a club party and I knew that the club did a bunch so I didn't question it.

 Derek told me to get dressed for a club party and I knew that the club did a bunch so I didn't question it

Derek's POV:
We were at Bella's house when I got the text from Ella saying that the party was ready. I was so nervous that Bella wouldn't like my gift for her, Danielle told me that Bella's parents were out of town so Bella would've been alone. I invited Danielle to the party along with Lani, Danielle agreed but Lina didn't want to come to the club. Danielle helped Ella pick out the cake, which was a mix of chocolate and vanilla, and the decorations. When we got to the house, I helped Bella out of her car and once we got inside, everyone yelled surprise.