C16

I’m having a bad day, and we haven’t even had lunch. It's detention time and I'm to serve it in the library with Penelope and Roman. Roman, I can tolerate. Penelope, on the other hand, is a total bitch, I mean witch.

Groaning, I enter the library to see Penelope standing beside the headmaster and Roman. My eyes meets Roman, I give him a smile in acknowledgement but I frown when he looks away. Honestly, I'm not even surprised at that. He's a jerk and I thought after last night that we were getting somewhere, that he's actually willing to be my friend but clearly I was wrong and I won't be wasting anymore of my thoughts on him

I sigh and shake my head. “Good morning, Headmaster.” I greet him and stand in front of them with my hands on my hips. The last place I want to be is here, so when I see Penelope glare at me, I just roll my eyes.

Since they are all here, it means they were waiting for me to arrive. I clap my hands and clear my throat. “How am I doing this?” I ask no one in particular.

The headmaster clears his throat and between the three of us. I'd like to think he can feel the tension in the air. “You three are working together,” He continues and  before we can interrupt, he adds. “And yes, you three are working together on this together. You are to look for a raven, tortoise, and a peacock.”

“I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying, aren’t we clearing out and rearranging some haunted shelf?” I mean that's what I did the last time I got a detention.

Headmaster Wallace straightens his tie and stuffs his hands in his pocket. “That will be all. See you after the simulation." He says and heads out.

I spread my hands out and turn to the direction he goes. “The simulation? What the hell are you talking about?” I ask behind him.

He halts and turns his head slightly to my side. “It’s teamwork, Cami. Ask the others, work together." And with that he walks away.

What the actual fuck?

My mouth drops open as I watch him exit the library. I shake my head in disbelief and turn to my side. “Work together, he said.” I mutter under my breath. I cannot believe he expects me to work with Penelope, of all people. I wouldn’t have mind working with Roman, but he too has turned out to be a jerk. I swear they both fit each other.

“The headmaster said we should work together. Clearly he’s gone mad.” I raise my voice as I turn to Penelope and Roman, who don’t seem worried about the weird detention. “Because there is no way in hell that I’m working with you two asshol-” A dazzling light shines on me and I'm quick to cover my eyes.

I open my eyes when I notice the light's shimmer down and weird I feel a change in me.

“Well, this isn’t the library.” I comment as I look around the new environment.

I thought the change was in me, but it actually was a change in location. We are in some kind of mansion, a living room actually. I notice Roman sitting on the couch, comfortable, like what happened wasn’t weird.

“The Headmaster could have at least provided snacks since the kitchen is off limits." Penelope whines and jumps on the couch beside Roman.

The kitchen is off limits?

“What the hell is going on?” I'm freaking out and seconds away screaming. “Where the hell are we?” I mean Penelope and Roman don't even care that they are in some strange living room. How the fuck is this a detention?