||11||

•Chapter Eleven•
Tessa Orb
(FOSTER SUMMER HOUSE)
REWRITTEN

Loki never did show up for dinner—and that really worried me. Darcy must of noticed this and tried distracting me after we finished eating.

"Favorite T.V. show?" Darcy rambled. I thought for a moment, trying to decide which show was my favorite.

"It's a tie between Doctor Who and Supernatural."

Darcy's eyes widened, "yes, definitely Supernatural."

I laughed, ignoring the weird look we got from Jane.

"You two are beyond crazy." She chuckled, turning her attention back to Thor who sat beside her on the couch. I've got to say—and mind you, I have like literally no experience with this—they made a pretty cute couple.

Movement from the hallway caught my own attention. I glanced in that direction only to see Loki appear in the room.

"Look who the cat dragged in," Darcy chirped after she followed my gaze. The saying sounded much less condescending when Darcy said it, but Loki sent her a glare none the less.

Darcy scoffed, turning back to her phone. "Okayyy.....I was just trying to be funny, your majesty."

I had to bite back a laugh, but Thor let his out. He chuckled giving Darcy what was probably suppose to be a thumbs up—but it kinda failed.

"I would like to speak with Lorien." Loki finally grumbled as he finished giving yet another glare to his brother.

Jane shot me a concerned look but I only shrugged and stood up. What could he do to me? Clearly last time I nearly died, he freaked. I made my way over to him.

"Whatcha wanna talk about big bro?"

Loki's eyebrows rose, "bro?"

"Sorta like a shortened version of brother."

Loki rolled his eyes before motioning for me to follow him. I gave Jane another shrug before following after Loki. He led me through the house and to the backyard. The sky had seemed to have been dark for a couple hours now, and the stars were peaking through the clouds.

Once we reached the middle of the backyard, Loki turned to face me.

"I hope you didn't bring me out here to kill me, because that wouldn't go down well and I—"

Loki's hand cut off my ramble but he pulled it away before I had a chance to lick it. "I'm not going to kill you."

"Well, you did kinda lead me away from the protection of the others." I shrugged and Loki let out a chuckle as he clasped his hands behind his back.

"I suppose I did." Loki mused—that didn't reassure me at all.

"But," he paused, "killing you is not the reason."

"So?" I challenged.

"I had been thinking, if you are truly my younger sibling, that means that you would be capable of magic." Loki began to explained and my eyes widened. "And I would like to teach you."