||28||

•Chapter Twenty-Eight•
Back in Black
(UNKNOWN LOCATION)
REWRITTEN

I woke up freezing cold.

My eyes slowly peeked up, darkness met me.  I shivered as I breathed out slowly and opened my eyes completely.  I tried to wrap my arms around myself but I found myself unable too.  I pull my arms again, hearing the clank of chain against stone and felt the metal around my wrists.

W-what?

Panic filled me, and I pulled again. Nothing. No, no, no.....

My gaze whipped back and forth, trying to make something out of the pitch black. Fear crept up my spine and I drew my legs to my chest as if something would grab my ankle. My body shook—partly from fear and partly from the frigid temperature.

Where am I? Where is Loki? Am I dead?

I squeezed my eyelids shut in the hopes that if I reopened them, I would just wake up from an awful nightmare—but as my eyes reopened, there was only darkness. A whimper escaped my throat and I my eyes began to well with water.

"Help me, please." I babbled, nearly under my breath. I pulled against the chains again, this time harder.

My teeth gritted together and I yanked as hard as I could. The chains clanked in protest. I leaned forward, the cuffs cutting painfully into my wrist. Again, I tried—but to no eval. I cried out in frustration, slamming back into the wall.

I bit my lip as to stop it from trembling. What was going to happen to me? Was I—

"Don't exhaust yourself crying," a voice called out and I froze. My mouth went dry.

"Who—who's there?" I exclaimed, pushing myself as close to the wall as I could.  The hair on my neck stood on end as I hopelessly searched the dark again.

A sharp laugh echoed through the darkness, "like that matters, it won't help us escape."

The voice was female and it was weak and in pain. And the utter apathy in her tone caused my blood to go cold. She had been here for awhile.

"Well, um," I stammered, "I'm Lorien."

A sigh escaped the woman's throat, "kid, if you want to talk to someone, wait until your friend wakes up."

I froze, friend?

"Wait, what?" I gapped.

"The brunette," the woman drawled—annoyed. "She's in the cell across from you."

Darcy?

I could only faintly remember what had happened before I woke up here—almost as if part of my memory had been stolen from me. Everything seemed blurred and hazy. I remembered a fight, Loki screaming my name and a third hand clamping down on my arm.

That was Darcy? Was she okay?

"How long have we been here? Is she okay?" I rambled, pulling against my chains. Worry consuming my already scattered thoughts.

I waited for a response but I was met with silence. I frowned, listening for the woman to speak again. Silence rung in my ears.

"Hello?" I squeaked quietly—nothing. Not even a sigh. I let out a shuddered breath.

I was alone—again.

~*~
THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

Loki's fist slammed against stone pillar. The spot he hit cracked in protest and he pulled his hand back—his knuckles threatening to bleed. His jaw clenched and a snarl crossed his lips.

He cried out in frustration.

He had been a fool. An utter fool. And now his sister was playing the price. The moment he teleported away from S.H.I.E.L.D with her, her fate was sealed. And Thanos would want his revenge.

Oh how stupid he had been.

~*~
LORIEN'S P.O.V.

I don't know how long I waited. How long I sat in darkness and silence—in fear.  But I do know that the sound of Darcy waking up was probably the best sound that I had ever heard.

And the worst.

I was thankful I was no longer alone—but I hated the thought that she was stuck where ever the heck we were, too.

It was my fault she got dragged here. If I had only just ran....

But what if she would have been taken anyway? What if Loki had been?

"Lorien?" Darcy's sudden, disorientated voice rung out from the inky black—knocking me from my thoughts. I leaned forward, ecstatic.

"Darcy!" I called back.

A relieved sigh met my ears before she spoke again, "are you okay?" I nodded rapidly, forgetting that she couldn't see me.

"Yeah." Well, as good as I could be. You know, with me being chained to a wall and all.

"Where are we?" Darcy's voice came again. I could hear her own chains rattling against the wall. She was taking this far better then I did.

"I have no clue." I responded truthfully. It was somehow reliving knowing that Darcy was now awake too. I mean, I was still freaking terrified but, you know, not as terrified.

If that even makes sense.

I let out a huff of air and leaned back against the wall.  I didn't know how long we were going to be stuck here—and I definitely did not know what lurked in the darkness past Darcy and the strange woman in the cell adjacent to mine.

My thoughts shifted to my brother.  What was he thinking?  My chest felt heavy as the thought of Loki's reaction raced through my head.  He was probably panicking.

If you had told me a week ago that I would be chained up in a dark cell and the infamous Norse God of Mischief was my brother—and most likely scared to death of my disappearance?  I would have just laughed in your face.

Oh, how the time changes.