||30||

Chapter Thirty•
Chapter One of I'm Probably Screwed...
(UNKNOWN LOCATION)
REWRITTEN

I managed to fall asleep—but not for long. 

Every time I shut my eyes, I was hit with a plague of nightmares filled with blood and fear.  Every one ending with Loki dead at my feet.  Blood coating my hands from trying hopelessly to heal the gaping wound in my brother's chest.

I awoke shaking and trembling, tears streaking down my cheeks—silently hoping that Loki would appear, not dead.

But that's what Thanos wanted.  He wanted my brother to come for me.  Because—I realized—it didn't matter whether he came to rescue me or if he stayed far, far away.  Thanos would find him and kill him. 

I was just a means of getting the job done quicker.

A pawn.

I felt a sob built up in my throat but I forced it to stay there. The woman in the cell adjacent to mine was right—crying wasn't going to get me out. Wasn't going to help me escape.

I bit my lip, shaking—how long had she been here? How long did she cry and scream like I wanted to do before she herself realized that she wasn't getting out. How many times did that creature torment and torture her for whatever reason they had kidnapped her for?

And Darcy? She was here because of me. If I hadn't been so stupid to try and hitch-hike, I wouldn't have gotten shot. If I had never gotten shot Loki would have never taken me to Jane and Darcy.

She was dragged into this mess because of me.

There was a sudden shift in the air—one that completely broke me from my guilty thoughts. It became thick and smelt of the tangy scent metal. I gapped in surprise—and fear—as I scanned the dark of my cell. Waiting horrified for what was causing the air to shift.

Though I wasn't the only one to notice the change—so did Darcy, and so did the other woman who had previously gone silent in her own cell. I swore I heard her whimper.

"What's going on?" Darcy murmured. Her chains clanked against the wall. I opened my mouth to tell her I didn't have a clue but the words died in my throat. The sharing creaking of the dungeon door rung out through the silence.

Footsteps echoed out across the stone floor and I felt a spike of fear shoot through my veins. That thing was coming back. I pushed myself against the wall behind me as light slowly filled my cell. No, no, no......

The first figure wasn't the creature. No, it was a man. Through the dim light I could faintly make out his distinctive features.

He was tall, probably as tall as Loki. Emotionless glowing, blue eyes stared endlessly at me, a sharp jaw line and defined cheekbones made up his angular face. Tall, pointed ears stuck out from his shoulder length dark brunette hair.

A shudder went through me. I knew this man.

He was the one who kidnapped me.

A second figure came into my view beside the blue eyed man. The creature thing. My blood went cold as it unlocked my cell.

"Go away," I hissed, struggling against my chains. Memories of the last time it had came. The pain. The fire like burning his wicked magic had caused.

The thing stepped into my cell, followed by the other man. "Go away!" I snarled, trying to make myself look intimidating.

Suddenly, as if ice had frozen my bones, I couldn't move. I could breathe, I could look around in horror but I could not move. I willed my finger to even twitch—nothing. The fear that had been creeping up my spine ever since the air had gotten thick, hit the max.

"What...what are you...doing to me?" I tried to whimper, but it came out muffled—way too quiet. I didn't understand what was wrong until my question didn't echo back off the cell walls. I had said it in my head—or the sound vibrations formed from my words had completely dissipated the moment they left my mouth.

I couldn't speak.

I couldn't even speak.

The blue eyed man drew closer and I tried even harder to flinch away—but nothing happened. I could do nothing as he approached my left side. Nothing as he released my left wrist from it's cuff and nothing when my arm fell limply to my side.

"Hey!" I heard Darcy shriek, "prick with the elf ears, get away from her!"

I could do nothing to show her gratitude. I could only watch in horror as both of the interlopers in my cell ignored her—watch in horror as the blue eyed man grabbed my wrist and then grabbed something that shimmered in the dim light from his pocket.

"To ensure that Loki does not try to escape with you, you will be marked." The creature hissed and terror rushed through me. Marked?

"What the hell do you mean marked, you cloaked oaf!" Darcy shouted, the creature spun on it's heels as Darcy continued, "what are you doing to he—"

"—Silence." The creature hissed before motioning at something down the hall—something I couldn't see. Darcy did not make another sound. I couldn't see her but I was more then positive that she was just as frozen as me.

There was someone else down here I realized, remembering the motion the creature made towards the hall. Someone who had frozen every single muscle in my body. I didn't want to think of what other dark magic they—or it—probably wielded.

I wanted to shake—to scream—at the blue eyed man as he lifted the shimmering object to my wrist. I couldn't see what it was until I felt it. It was cold and black, some sort of stylus like object. It started to glow and where it touched my skin it burned—like some dark, demented Shadow Hunter's stele.

I didn't want to think what kind of Mark he was drawing on my skin.