||4||

•Chapter Four•
Brother? Seriously?
(S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier)
REWRITTEN

Okay, this situation was by far, worse then when Natasha found me spying in on the Avenger's secret meeting. Speaking of, where are they? I'm about to be killed by Loki, where are the Avengers?

"S-sorry?" I stammered, raising my hands up in surrender. You're an idiot, Lorien. Thank you again inner sub-conscious for your unneeded comments. Is it bad that I talk to myself sometimes?

Taking two huge steps, Loki was standing directly in front of me.  I raised my fist as a warning but Loki's hand shot out and seized my wrist.  I tried to pull away but I was caught in his cold, steel grip.

"Let me go!"  I yelled, still trying to pull away from him.  His eyes narrowed into slits, sending me a deadly glare.

"Stop!"  A voice suddenly boomed, I looked around Loki to see Fury stumbling to his feet.  Loki didn't turn around but I could tell he was listening.

"Do not harm her."  Fury growled as he inched closer to us.

"Do you truly believe that I would harm or kill a child?"  Loki asked, his voice still dripping with anger.

"Hundreds of children were killed, injured or lost their entire families when you tried to conquer Earth."  Fury shot back and Loki tensed.  His hold on my wrist disappeared as he spun around to face my father.

"I would have thought that Thor would have told his friends of my predicament by now."  He hissed, I took this opportunity to back away from Loki.

"He was too busy trying to clean up the mess you made." Loki scoffed in response at Fury's claim.

"Very well." He sighed, his words clipped. As he spoke, he had turned back around to face me. Yet again, I felt terrified under his gaze.

"Loki! Fury called out again to gain his attention. Loki's jaw clenched, his face covered with a mask of annoyance.

"Loki, she's your sister." Fury shouted. I felt my muscles tense and I froze in my place. What did Fury just say?!

"W-what?" I stammered with wide eyes. Loki's expression matched my own, his emerald green eyes full of confusion.

"What petty game are you playing at?"  Loki hissed, turning to stare at Fury.

"I'm not playing a game.  Lorien is your sister." Fury repeated, standing up completely.

"How?" Loki demanded.

"All I know, is that Odin entrusted her to me." Fury explained, my breathing hitched. My life was a lie. Fury didn't adopt me because he was my Godfather, he took me in because a Norse god gave me to him. I started to hyperventilate and my hands started to shake. Fury's eyes widen when he realized how I took his words.

"Lorien, I di-" My next yelp cut him off.

"Y-you l-lied t-to m-me!"  Tears started forming in my eyes.

"Lorien."  Fury pleaded.

"N-no, y-you...you said that you were my Godfather.  You said that you adopted me because my parents named you my guardian if they were to pass. You told me that I didn't have any other family." My voice raised as I continued to ramble, tears were falling steadily down my cheeks now.

I felt lied to, betrayed and over all, angry. My fists balled at my sides as I filled with rage.   I was so angry that at first, I didn't realize that my necklace was glowing again.

It shined brighter then the first time—pulsing almost rhythmically with my heart beat. With every pulse, the glow got brighter until the point where I had to shield my eyes.

Suddenly the light shot out—a huge wave of translucent blue light—in a circle around me. Fury and Loki were knocked back, both of them slammed into the hallway wall.

My knees gave out and I fell to the floor, still shocked at what had happened.  What did I do?

I felt my eye lids grow heavy and I couldn't hold them up.  I was going to pass out, from what?  I didn't know, but the last thing I saw, was Loki getting to his feet.