For the past several weeks, she'd struggled with trying to control her telekinesis. The headaches had never gone away and she'd completely wrecked her residence trying to control her powers. She'd started making the connections.

The headaches were definitely linked to her powers and they never went away because she'd completely messed up her mind. By altering it enough to give herself telekinesis, she'd basically ripped it apart. Now, to keep it together, she had to keep using her powers. If she didn't, she would first get sick, and then fall unconscious and create a sort of black hole. It would disappear as soon as her life force did, but she'd always managed to snap out of the trance soon enough to get out of the house and do something else with her powers.

She wondered if she'd ever get a good night's rest again.

~

Two years later, she'd finally gained some control over her powers. The headaches had never left. She'd simply learned to live with them in the background as she figured out what she could do.

But she wanted them to go away. Maybe she'd learned how to deal with them, but that didn't mean she enjoyed them. But after all her experimenting and such, she still didn't know how to make them disappear.

To avoid anyone asking questions or coming to find whoever the mysterious flyer was, she wore a mask when she went out flying, almost made it look slightly imposing to ward anyone off.

Until one fateful day when she flew out of her house, which she'd managed to fix enough to comfortably live in, and she ran into the one and only Silver the Hedgehog.

"Whoa!" he shouted as she came to a sloppy halt in front of him.

"Watch where you're going!" she yelled back. Ever since her fateful experiment, she'd been rather bitter about the hero. Maybe if he'd never come to this city, she never would have gotten the inspiration to be stupid and curse herself. Because that's what these wretched powers were. A curse.

"Who are you?" Silver said, drifting closer carefully. (Y/n) raised her hands defensively. Technically, none of this was Silver's fault. He had no idea who she was, but she didn't want anything to do with him anymore. She was an abomination, and she knew it. What kind of good hero would want to be around her?

"Why should you care? It's not like you helped me in the first place," she said. She backed away. "It doesn't matter. You shouldn't care."

"But I do," Silver said. He reached his hand out. "If you need help, I can and will help you. It's my duty."

"Well, you failed!" (Y/n) shouted. She blinked, rubbing her eyes. "Forget you ever saw me."

"But-"

"I said forget it!" Silver yelped suddenly as several rocks pounded on his spine and he lost several feet. (Y/n) hadn't realized that the rocks had drifted up, but in her anger at the white hedgehog, her powers had reacted to the spike in emotion.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did to you!" Silver called, trying to regain his altitude. (Y/n) shook her head, squeezing her eyes shut. "I never meant to hurt you!"

"I bet I'm not the only one you've hurt!" the (a/t) called down, opening her eyes. She gathered up a group of rocks. All of the anger she'd been keeping bottled up about her condition and her blame for Silver poured out as she launched them at him. He stopped them from slamming into him, knocking them all off course. "You're a pathetic hero!" She uprooted one of the nearby trees and threw that at him, finding any other objects she could wrap her mind around and pelting him with them.

He didn't fight back, simply trying to figure out who she was and why she was doing what she was. That was until she focused all her energy into the building they were next to, pulling it out of its foundation and throwing it at him. He gasped and stopped it, barely getting it back into place before he shot up and after the (a/t), who realized she may have pushed things a little too far.

"Look, I don't know who you are or why you're doing this," he said, stopping her in her tracks. She turned around, taking a deep breath. "But hurting innocent people is taking it too far!"

"Innocent people fall in front of you all the time!" she yelled, tears shimmering in her eyes. "And you never thought that you might not know when someone needs you help! You're blind, Silver the Hedgehog! Maybe I helped you see that." She discreetly picked up a boulder, lifting it behind him. However, he seemed to notice it was there just before she tried to knock him out of the air with it and launched it over his head.

(Y/n) cried out as the boulder caught her straight in the middle and took her out of the sky. Silver gasped and stopped the boulder, the (a/t) hitting the ground with a thud. She shook her head and looked up as Silver threw the boulder aside, looking down at her. She opened her mouth to say something when she realized: her headache was gone. Despite the bruises she had from getting hit with a boulder and crashing onto the concrete, she noticed that her headache was gone.

She let out a half crazed laugh. "You did it," she said, lifting herself off the ground and running a hand through her hair. "You got rid of it."

"Got rid of what?"

"So many things. Doubt, pain, and probably a few more things I have yet to discover. For that, I thank you."

"Who are you?" Silver asked as she drifted away from him.

"To be honest, for a long time, Silver the Hedgehog, I haven't known. But I think you've finally given me something to be. Someone." She dipped her head to him and turned around, calling over her shoulder, "One day, may we meet again." And to herself, she added, "On the field of battle." And then she was gone.

~

Silver set (Y/n) down on the couch. He'd brought her back to his home, figuring it was a good time to repay her for her generosity in helping him earlier. Placing his hands over the wounds in her stomach, he carefully held the gashes closed with his powers while he brought the medical supplies over to him and began to patch her up.

She shifted uncomfortably, grunting and twitching as she slept. Silver placed a hand on her face, studying her. There was just something so strange, so wrong, about her and her powers. And it involved him. She was keeping him alive, and not for the reasons she claimed. The fox knew it, and so did he.

And despite her hesitance to tell him, he was determined to figure it out.

"I want to help you," he whispered, running his hand over the gashes in her stomach one more time to make sure they were stable before standing up. "I'm just not quite sure how."