"Yeah...? Why'd you say it like that?"

"I've just always wondered...you and Blaise are close..." Harry trailed off.

"Are you asking me if I ever dated Blaise?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow.

Harry blushed. "Yeah, I mean, it doesn't matter but I was just wondering..."

"We never really dated. I did kiss him fourth year when I was figuring out my sexuality. But I only kissed him because he was the only guy I knew for sure that liked guys."

"You only kissed him once?"

"Not exactly. We kind of had a casual thing going on for a few months when we both realized we were better as friends. Plus, he started fancying some bird."

"And you two just ended it? There weren't any lingering resentment or feelings?"

"It was just a casual thing. There wasn't any resentment or lingering feelings after it ended. Why? Where is this coming from?"

Harry was saved from answering when Luna ran up to them. "Harry! Where are you going?"

"To the Ravenclaw common room—"

"You won't find anything there—"

"Luna, we've got to—"

"No, listen to me. No one alive as seen the diadem."

"Yeah, we went over this—"

"She means a ghost," Draco interjected. "We've got to talk to a ghost to figure out where it is."

Luna nodded. "Helena Ravenclaw, Rowena Ravenclaw's daughter, should know where the diadem is."

****

Draco and Harry learned from Helena that the diadem was hidden in the Room of Requirement. They were heading there now but Draco hadn't finished his conversation with Harry.

"Why'd you ask me about Blaise?" Draco asked.

"No reason. I was just curious."

"Bullshit. I know when you're lying, Harry."

"It's not important. We're kind of in the middle of a war."

"I know," Draco pulled on Harry's hand and turned him to face him. "But if either of us dies today, I would hate to have some unfinished business between us. I really don't want to be forced to haunt Hogwarts because of it."

Harry sighed. "Fine. But let's walk and talk." They started walking again when Harry stumbled.