best friend | 11

better
adjective
                 of a more excellent or effective type or quality.
"hoping for better weather."

-

"MAYBE BECAUSE I LO-"

"because you what?" Yamaguchi spoke up after a minute of silence.

quick think of something. "BECAUSE I LOST YOU, I LOST MY BEST FRIEND!" Tsukishima mentally cursed at himself for almost blurting out a confession right there and then. Yamaguchi seemed to believe his excuse though, which made Tsukishima relieved.

"Tsukki, I'm sorry." Yamaguchi said in a quiet voice while looking down at his lap, not wanting to meet his best friend's eyes. that made Tsukishima's heart ache, hearing Yamaguchi sound so broken and desperate hunted him and it was something he never wanted to hear again.

"I, Aimi is my first girlfriend, so I thought I had to spend every single hour with her. I swear, Tsukki I didn't mean to make you feel bad, I didn't notice that you were hurt and that I was being distant." tears were threatening to fall out of the freckled boy's eyes as he spoke.

"I'm so sorry that I made you feel like I didn't care about you and that you lost me. I'm such a bad person, how can I even call myself your friend after I did that?" Yamaguchi continued. "how can I be such a selfish prick? Tsukishima please, you're too special to me, please forgive me, I don't want to lose you."

Yamaguchi finally went silent, he couldn't speak anymore because of his unbalanced breathing and sniffing. "I'm sorry..." he said that in a voice so quiet that Tsukishima almost missed it.

Yamaguchi's heart started beating faster when he didn't hear an answer from his best friend. he really won't forgive me. I deserved this-

the green haired boy's eyes widened when he felt someone pull him closer and in a hug. "it's okay, I forgive you." he felt calmer when he heard his best friend's voice next to his ear. "I'm sorry for ignoring you instead of talking to you about it, that was childish."

Tsukishima hoped that Yamaguchi couldn't hear his very loud heart beat, cause he certainly can. it hurtled the blonde to think that even though he can hold Yamaguchi in his arms, the freckled boy isn't and will never be his.

but it's fine. he has to be happy for Yamaguchi. it's so selfish to not be happy for Yamaguchi's happiness. all Tsukishima can do is to hope that Aimi will take care of his precious boy and not hurt him.

"I love you." Tsukishima whispered unconsciously. Yamaguchi looked at him, "what did you say?" Tsukishima's eyes widened a little but he managed to look calm. "nothing, I said I'm sorry." he said and gave his best friend a small smile.

this was enough for Tsukishima. being best friends with Yamaguchi is enough for him.

the blonde certainly didn't like it fully, and it didn't really make him feel happy all of a sudden. but he felt better now that they're on speaking terms again.

-

SOOOO ANOTHER CHAPTER-

btw I published a new story, if you haven't already please read it 💖

THANK U FOR READING THIS. I LOVE YOU AND BAIIII

-Dennise