Chapter 28 - Dex

Four things.

So, first, I like just realized how much Ive been forgetting the bodyguards- I will be getting better at that!!

Second, I am going to start dedicating chapters now!!

Third, Sorry its such a short chapter!

Fourth, OHMYGOSH!! You guys, 925 reads! This is crazy! I never thought I would get past one hundred when I started this! Thank you guys so much for the votes, comments etc.

First, having Keefe and Ro of all people, seeing me and Biana kiss was the worst possible thing that could happen. Yeah, Sophie was there too along with Sandor. But Keefe and Ro would make sure the entire school knew by tomorrow. Even if he didn't mean for Fitz to know, he certainly would. Thats how things worked. 

Second, having him and Sophie do googly eyes at each other is almost as bad as watching her and Fitz. Although, personally I feel like Keefe would be better for her. I know, I know. She likes Fitz, but its so obvious that Keefe cares for her so much more then wonder boy could. 

Ever since the whole... kiss thing, I have decided I want her with someone who cares. Like any best friend would. And I never liked the way Fitz looked at her, like she was some prize to be won. Keefe looked at her like she was the most important person in the entire world. It was obvious who the better choice was.

"Uh, guys. Hello. There are other people in here wondering- what on earth just happened to Keefe?" I said, interrupting their little stare fest. Funny how they would just start staring at each other when worrying their friends like crazy. 

"Oh, uh," Sophie said, her blush growing darker. "Like we said. He's a Viewer. He keeps passing out and seeing images from the future. We were hoping you guys had found something about it so we could figure out how to control it. Then, hopefully, he stops passing out and freaking everyone out." She said exasperated, dragging a hand down her face.

"You okay, Soph?" Biana asked. Sophie nodded, taking a deep and shaky breath.

"I'm just sick of fighting. If we could figure this out, then maybe we could finally have the upper hand." She went back to her 'game face' as I had started to call it. Whenever she was planning she would get this serious, guarded face. It was kinda scary. You could tell she was thinking about the best way to get the Neverseen down.

Thank goodness she's on our side and not theirs.

"You do realize your not in this alone, Foster. We are all here for you." Keefe grabbed Sophies hand, she looked from the ground to him with a grateful smile.

"And you guys were teasing us." Biana mumbled. I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. Sophie simply rolled her eyes, but her cheeks were definitely a little redder. 

"At least it isn't Fitzphie." Ro snickered, making me jump. She had been so quiet I nearly forgot she was there. Bo simply rolled his eyes at her. When Tam got back he sent Bo back to Sophie. 

"Lets just get searching, okay?" Sophie finally blurted.

Keefe nodded, "I'd prefer we know at least a little something before I go passing out on Foster again."

"Right, uh, you should come in." I said, walking back into the room, I picked up the gadget and searched viewer.

34 results.

We were in for a long night.