I Only Like My Broom Sorry

"Babe?" Oliver asked as they exited the Great Hall, hand in hand.

Percy responded immediately to his name, or nickname.

He smiled at Oliver. "Yes?"

"I forgot that the Slytherins and Ravenclaws are sharing the quidditch field after dinner," Oliver rubbed the back of his neck. "I mean, I would've had practice since my life revolves are a flying stick, but I left said flying stick at the field. Can you come with me to go get it?"

"Sure." But that wasn't the only response that Percy could think of while Oliver spoke. "But the only thing your life revolves around is the broom? Really? You can't think of anything else in your life?"

Noticing the small crowd of Hufflepuffs from their year around them (among them was Cedric), there was a mischievous smile that spread across Oliver's face. Alright. So he's going to do something incredibly stupid right now.

"Nothing at all," Oliver shrugged, starting to pull Percy in his direction. "Why? Is there something else in life that could be more important?"

Percy chuckled. He went along with the little show they were putting on. This whole couple thing was a giant show so they could both get what they wanted. He found himself having to remind himself of this, even though a month has passed since they started this charade.

"Dunno?" He shrugged. "Anybody you've been with for a month?"

"I've been one with the dead for a month."

"Shut up Ron no one likes you."

No one had even noticed when Ron had appeared next to the couple, yet Percy still had a witty response.

If there's one thing that he's good at after enduring years of the twins teasing him for his love of studying, it's how to come up with a backhanded compliment or insult on the spot.

"Geez," Ron lifted his hands in defense. "Sorry, didn't know Oliver made you say what you're thinking out loud, nowadays."

"Whatcha mean by that?" Oliver faked offense.

He wasn't actually offended by the comment, and Percy could tell. His face said one thing but the look in his eyes said something completely different.

"Nothing." Ron put one foot behind him to get ready to run, but years of quidditch gave Oliver the power in this situation.

He grabbed the younger boy by the scruff of his robes, pulling him close to interrogate him. "What exactly are you saying, Dead Boy?"

Ron rolled his eyes at his nickname before bursting into laughed. Percy only hopes that his siblings aren't getting too attached to Oliver so when the time comes of their 'break up', it isn't too much.

The break up would only come once Cho decided to take Oliver back or Marcus became jealous enough.

That's why Percy has prepared himself for the inevitable. He isn't going to date Marcus. He isn't even falling in love anymore.

His end of their fake relationship isn't happening. The only reason they end this thing is when Cho falls for Oliver again.