A New Day

There it was again.

 The sun. Waking me up to warn me that it is morning time, and that it is also a new day.

It peaked through my blinds making it hard to ignore. The light hits my eyelids so gracefully that I had no choice but to get up and start my morning.

The room was quiet. Quiet enough that you could hear the wind blow on the trees, causing the leaves to rattle together in perfect harmony.

The smell of the room was a light, settle, scent. A mixture of a fresh daisy, but also the smell of the outside.

It was comforting. The scent made me feel relaxed.

Like there was nothing going on in the world. Just me, Adam, and the birds from the outside chirping in joy.

But I was wrong. Maybe it may seem like everything was calm, peaceful, perfect, but it was a lot worse than that. Farther in the world, there's much more. Some good things and some bad things.

I used to never think about the bad things. Just act like they are never there. Just the good things. After a while though, when you try to ignore the bad things, those bad things will eventually eat up the good things, and then all you'll have left are the bad things.

You could think of it as a punishment. I'm sure no one wants to deal with the bad things. But you're going to have to face them at some point. If you ignore them, they'll come back to bite you in the ass. I, of course, learned that the hard way.

I sit up and just stare off into space. It seems like just 30 seconds ago it was black outside and I was getting into my bed ready to cancel the earth out and just leave the planet I was on.

I do it every night. It's peaceful to me on the other side. All your problems dissolve in thin air, and all that's left is you, yourself. Flesh and body. You're real of course, just your soul isn't exactly there.

Sure, you could think of yourself as a ghost. But you're still alive. You're not dead either. You're just there.

I zone back in and notice that 10 minutes have gone by. Which isn't exactly good. Adam is expecting me to be at the table to eat breakfast. I glance over at my clock and read the numbers.

10:36 AM

Things seemed off.

Everyday felt off, but today especially felt off.

Like things didn't seem real. Like anything, I shook it off like it was nothing. Before I made my way into the kitchen, I made a stop at my bathroom.

The closer I got the kitchen, the stronger the smell of bacon came to me. It smelled good. I was already hungry, the smell was already adding to it.

I cleaned myself up by getting into loose clothes, brushed my caramel, brown hair and placed it into a half up, half down. I make sure not to make it too tight or else I'll just be uncomfortable for the rest of the day. I brushed my teeth and made my way into the kitchen.

When I get there, Adam is at the table eating two pieces of bacon along with an egg. He looks up from his dish to see me standing in the doorway.

"It's about time you got up, I was about to go in there myself to check up on you." He laughs.

I grin. "Yeah, I just got distracted." I walk past Adam and take a clean, shiny, white plate from the cabinet and place it on the marble counter. Adam comes towards me.

"Want an egg? I made it for you."

I declined his offer.

"I think I'll just make some toast."

To Save Five SoulsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara