Chapter 15

Enjoy my grammatical errors because why not . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, #Black Lives Matter and Happy Pride Month!

Might do a few oneshots in celebration of Pride month and the black Lives Matter movement. 

If y'all got any ideas hit me up, with that said, enjoy.

---------------------------

It was early in the morning, birds chirped and the sound of a river nearby could be heard as Adora awoke from her slumber. She yawned and wiped the sleep out of her eyes with the back of her hand as she sat up from the fluffy grass beneath her, stretching her sore limbs as she looked around. 

Remembering yesterdays events, she suddenly took another look around and abruptly stood up. Her sword was beside her, she was still in the same spot and was still in the whispering woods, but Catra was nowhere to be seen. 

"Catra!" Adora called out, fear and worry evident in her voice. 

She cupped her hands around her mouth as she called the brunette's name again, then listened out for any sort of noise.

She looked up in the tree and called Catra again, she still didn't hear anything. 

"Where could she have possibly gone?" Adora said out loud. 

"Catra!!" 

"For the love of- will you stop screaming! Your going to attract unwanted attention moron." 

Whipping her head around to the source of the familiar voice, Adora mindlessly ran up to Catra and embraced her in her arms. 

Thrown off guard, Catra didn't react, but after a moment she hugged the now relaxed hero. When they pulled away, Adora looked Catra over for any possible wounds, but instead she became too fixated on her make-shift  outfit. 

"Are... are you wearing leaves?" She asked, clearly stating the obvious with a snicker, looking Catra over again. 

The makeshift outfit was nice, Perfuma would have been very impressed if she was here. The leaves were just large enough to cover whatever wouldn't usually be seen in public, along with the orange stone embedded in her side. 

The feline, now clearly embarrassed, pushed the now laughing teen away and clenched her fist, "Yes, I am you idiot, I couldn't and didn't want to go back to the castle to steal some more of your clothes," Catra paused and seemed to shy away from Adora a bit as she rubbed her arm, "and I- I didn't want to leave you out here on your own." 

 Adora's laughter died down as she looked at Catra, who currently had her gaze towards the ground, and approached her. 

Stopping short a few feet from the hybrid, Adora took one of Catra's hands in her's to get her attention, when she knew she had it fully, she spoke, "Thank you Catra, for not leaving me." 

Catra only nodded her head in response, her ears lowered as she cleared her throat and looked the blonde teen in the eye, "So, why were you calling my name so loudly?" 

Adora, unknowingly to herself, gripped Catra's hand a bit tighter before she replied, "I thought you left, or that something bad happened to you." She admitted, her own gaze lowering a bit. 

Catra was silent for a moment before she spoke, "I couldn't sleep, I tried but every time I did I just- I..." the feline started shaking a bit, talking about the reoccurring nightmares she was having last night just brought awful flashes to her mind, shaking her head and ignoring the look Adora was giving her, she passed over that part and continued, "I waited until you were in a deep sleep and decided to go for a walk to tire myself out but it never worked so instead I grabbed some leaves and got to work on covering myself up."