Chapter 6

Catra continued staring up at her headdress that she held up in the air in front her, not even bothering to look at Adora as she spoke.

"Well... who were you thinking of giving it to?" Adora inquired.

"Well... a uhm- a friend that I should have showed more appreciation to after you left me. She was there for me through my worst times and all I really did was push her away. Now that I think about it.. I was a terrible friend to her and I fell awful now that I'm actually saying this out loud." Catra replied, her ears  and gaze dropped a bit to add on to how guilty she actually felt.

Adora, who was also hit with a sense of guilt, looked at Catra with a sincere expression. Not only was Catra showing progression physically, but also mentally. Had she still been with the Horde to this day, she may not have been able to see how she had been mistreating this unnamed friend of hers. 

"Do you still have that skiff I stole a week ago?" Catra asked suddenly.

Adora nodded her head, her brows furrowed in confusion as she looked at the feline, "We have it stored in the west side of the castle, what do you need it for?" 

Catra hesitated before answering, "Well this friend of mine is from the Horde, and my leg is still healing. I would go on foot but that would take days, if I go full speed on the skiff I'll get there in mere minutes." 

Adora's gaze hardened as she looked at the feline, "Your not just saying this so you can go back to the Horde, right?" Adora said, her voice soft yet serious.

"No Adora, after what Hordak did I refuse to go back and work for him. I just want to hold up my half my promise, I said that we didn't have to stop seeing each other just because I was no longer going to be there." Catra said, a little defensively. "A similar promise that we both made years ago, but you clearly forgot." Catra thought with a eyeroll.

Adora sighed and stared at the feline a bit longer before finally saying, "Alright Catra, I'll take you to your skiff. But I am coming with you." The blonde demanded.

"What? No you're not Adora, what if you get captured or something, then who do I turn to for help to save your dorky self?" Catra said, her ears perked up in slight alarm at the thought of Adora coming with. And her main reason being just that, what if she did get captured? Of course she would try and save Adora herself, but she's smarter than that, she would need help. But if she were to turn to Glimmer and Bow, they would probably think she was trying to ambush them.

"Well if you think I'm going to let you go on your own then you must have lost a couple of brain cells." Adora replied, Catra knew she would have reacted like this and this was the exact reason why she was so hesitant to tell Adora where she was trying to go.

Both teens were too stubborn to really back down from this argument that occurred. 

"Adora, daylight is breaking and the Horde a bit more active at this time, and I'm not really fond of the thought of going to the Fright Zone at night." Catra said, quickly losing her patience with the blonde.

Adora noticed this and sighed, she looked at Catra for a moment before pressing her lips into a thin line and raising her hands, "Okay Catra, you win, I'll take you to the skiff." Adora said in defeat.

Catra gave a faint smile and followed Adora to the west side of the castle. Her headdress still in hand.

----------------------------------------

"I expect to see you in less than a hour!" Adora ordered over the loud sound of the skiffs engine that roared in both teens ears.

"Sure thing, princess." Catra said before pulling on the lever that was used to steer the skiff, and drove it out of a large enough window and out into the whispering woods.