Chapter 7

Adora glanced between both her angry bestfriends and gave a nervous chuckle, "Glimmer, Bow, nice um.. night we're having am I right?" Adora asked stupidly. Her back was pressed up against her doors as both Bow and Glimmer glared at her.

"Don't avoid the subject Adora, where were you? You were gone for a good few hours and me and Bow were worried sick! I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that Catra wasn't in your room when I came to see how she was doing, and I knew if she wasn't here then neither were you!" Glimmer said angrily, while Bow angrily nodded his head in agreement with the short princess.

Adora tried to get Glimmer to lower her voice since Catra was, most likely, asleep in her bed, but it was no use. So she forcefully pushed a still ranting Glimmer and furiously nodding Bow in to the future queen's room so they wouldn't disturb the feline.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?" Bow said, once they reached Glimmers room and Adora faced them after closing the door.

"I'm sorry I scared you two, Catra wanted to something outside of the castle that I thought was really sweet but she wouldn't allow me to come with her so I followed her." Adora said truthfully, simply leaving out the important details. 

"I actually needed to talk to Bow really quick if you don't mind Glimmer." The sword wielding teen said sheepishly.

Bow and Glimmer both shared a look before the short princess used her magic to teleport out of her room. Adora and Bow climbed up the floating steps to Glimmers bed and sat down, the archer boy waiting patiently for the blonde to speak.    

"So, lately, I've been having these feelings about Catra. I've felt it before when we we're in the Fright Zone together and when we were cuddling together. Then a whole new feeling hit me when I was following her earlier today." Adora said, twiddling her thumbs together as she waited for the boy to speak.

"How about you describe the feelings to me so that I can help a little bit better." Bow said, genuinely looking lost at. The blonde sighed before speaking again.

"Well, back at the Horde we were always together, since we were kids. We would cause trouble with each other, and protect one another whenever the other cadets would get mean. I've felt this feeling before but I never really payed much attention to it  mainly because Shadow Weaver would always make sure I was focused on my training in becoming a force captain. Whenever we got the chance to be alone though, I would just take time to notice the little things about her like her freckles, or how her hair and tail bristle whenever she's mad or agitated, or her pupils would dilate every time she looked at something she loved." Adora said, a smile was brought to her lips as she silently thought more on the little and big things about Catra. 

"Did Catra's eyes ever dilate when she looked at you?" Bow inquired with a sly grin.

Adora took a moment to think before slowly nodding her head. Then her eyes widened just a bit as it finally dawned on her as to what Bow was really thinking about.

"No no no no, there's no way she could possibly like me like that... I mean she's said things that indicated that she may have feeling for me as well but..." Adora stuttered a bit and ran a hand through the free hair of her ponytail. She was definitely flustered and nervous to even talk about this with her best friend, but she knew she needed some help with knowing what she was exactly feeling. And what better way to figure that out than to go to the archer boy that literally has heart designs in his regular attire?

"Well, its pretty much clear that you like her, so why  not spend some time with her to see if she reciprocates your feelings?" Bow suggested with a supportive smile.

Adora thought about it for a short while and finally let a bright smile break out on her face, she gave the boy a strong hug before running back to her room.