Joel's eyes widened. "Stop, stop, Kaiser! You don't have to be that scary in front of me!" He shouts.

Then, why do you have to tease him again if you are scared of him? I don't get him. Still, he is a funny guy and I don't mind it.

After that, dad went to the meeting and I am with Joel to meet his son at the training ground outside.

I somehow recalled a character who had Johnson as their surname. If I remember his name is Zack Johnson, one of the main cast in the story. I don't remember what kind of a character he is.

I'm sorry about that, sis.

But I do think that he takes from his dad's traits.

When we arrived to the training ground, war cries are coming from the people swinging the swords repeatedly. Not to mention, it's freaking hot outside! How are they still training when the sun is so bright up there?! They have a lot of stamina....than I had. Also, they even have damn muscles for young age like me!

Okay, which one is his son?

I observed one by one person as they are continue swinging their wooden swords until I get across the boy with familiar bright brown hair just like Joel's hair. His face is too similar to Joel but his eyes are bright green. I guess he inherited from his mother since Joel had brown eyes.

He is training so hard even in the hot day unlike me.

Looking down at my body, I am too skinning as I expected. I couldn't gain weights after eating any delicious dishes I ate for the past months. Maybe it's because I am used to eat a bit of foods that I couldn't able to finish it all.

I should start training if I want to be strong.

"It's seem Zack is still busy training. For now, let's get on under the roof because I can see you are slowly melting." Joel pointed out while laughing at me as I nodded weakly. I'm getting more sweaty than usual and the reason is the sun as the sunlight is shone upon me as if the sun is try to melting me like an ice.

As I thought, my mortal enemy is still the sun itself.

Joel took me to the shelter which it's the trainees to rest up after training. I immediately sat down on the bench and fan myself using my hand. It's really not good idea to wear double clothes especially in the summer. But.... I don't want to see the scars that painted on my body.

Still, it's getting more hotter if I still continue wearing this.

"Max, you should take off your clothes before you faint!" Joel quickly grab my jacket. I shook my head, not wanting him to take it off. "Stop being stubborn. Kaiser will mad at me if you faint!" I stubbornly refused.

"It's okay. I'm alright."

"It's not alright!"

Feeling weak, Joel easily take my jacket off me. However, he froze where he stood as he saw my scars on my arms. As I am feeling uncomfortable, I looked away as I put my arms together, wanting to hide it but can't.

I wore short sleeves shirt underneath my jacket because I want to hide these scars from my sight.

Now, it can't helped right now.

"I'm sorry for being stubborn, Joel...." I apologize quietly and take my jacket back from him. I decided not to wear and just hid my arms underneath. "I got hurt for being clumsy and that's all." I couldn't able tell the truth since I just met him today. I should have wore bandages but that's more risky than wearing jacket.

"Dad?" I flinched when I hear someone else's voice. I raised up my head to see that boy again while other boys went ahead sit behind me. Joel turned back with nervous look on his face. "O-Oh, Zack, are you finish training for today?" The boy named Zack nodded cheerfully as he wipe his face with the towel on his shoulders.

Even though he's full of sweat, he is still cheerful after training. If I am his position, I would be laying dead on the ground.

Then I noticed his eyes are staring at me. "Who is he? I never seen him before." He start to change the subject to me. He immediately sat down beside me by surprise. "Hi there!" He show his toothy grin. "I'm Zack Johnson! Nice to meet cha!" He introduced himself to me.

Starting to feel nervous all of the sudden, I become flustered as I tried to find the words how to talk properly to him. "I-I am Max, Max Zalkiere!" I also tried introduced myself to him.

His eyes blink in surprise. "By Zalkiere, are you saying that you are Captain Kaiser's son!?"

Uwah, his reaction is the same as Joel.

"That's so cool! I didn't know that he had a son in the same age as me! Dad, is Captain Kaiser already married?" He start asking his dad who burst into laugh. "I thought the same too, son! And also, no. Kaiser doesn't interested on marriage at all. He told me that Max and his little sister was adopted by him." He explained.

"Eh? You have a little sister but where is she?"

"A-Ah, she went to magic school with our friend, Kou."

"Oh, that Kou, huh? Isn't he Katsuki's son?" I nodded. "That's right."

Is he pretending not to see my scars? But at least, he didn't ask about it.

"Okay, Zack. I have a task for you." Both of us looked at Joel in curious. "Can you take care of Max for me? I will go back to work soon so look after him." I coughs. "Excuse me, I am almost turn nine soon. I don't need someone take care of him." Puffed my cheeks and look away.

I heard Joel laughs and felt his big hand on my head. "Kaiser will be mad at me if I leave you alone. Even more, he will kill me...." his words suddenly become dark for some reason.

Is he acting like a victim now? He is the worst.

I sighs, "Alright, I will stay with Zack." Both of the father and the son cheered as if they won over me.

I didn't expected this at all.

End