happier

(Ig this is baby sequel to happiest year but from shinsou pov and like a short while after that chapter)

Walking down 29th and Park

I saw you in another's arms

Only a month we've been apart

You look happier

It had only been a month after you had left him, but to Hitoshi it felt like it happened yesterday. He still remembered coming home, calling out your name and not hearing a response when he finally noticed how empty the apartment was. He remembered the previous night, when he was out with his friends bar hopping. He saw you sitting with your new partner, laughing and smiling while drinking. Oh how he missed your laugh, the way you looked at him and smiled at him. It killed him seeing you like that with someone else but he knew you were happier.

Saw you walk inside a bar

He said something to make you laugh

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours

Yeah, you look happier, you do

He sat there on his bed, remembering all the good times in your once shared apartment. The smiles and giggles, random conversations at 1 am, the cuddles and more intimate activities. And then came the not so good memories. All the pointless arguments, the screaming and yelling, the tears and the heartbreak. Every single emotion he had been hiding since the day you left him for good flooded his mind, and tears involuntarily streamed from his eyes.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody love you like I do

Promise that I will not take it personal, baby

If you're moving on with someone new

He had known from the beginning that your relationship was toxic. Despite both of you loving each other very much, he knew that the relationship was toxic. From the various time that y'all would breakup to the countless nights he'd leave you in tears after yelling at each other. Neither of them had been in the correct mental state for a relationship, but both were in love and young and thought they could help heal each other. Both were wrong and it only made it worse.

The night that they fought and decided to leave it there, he had left you alone and crying again. He knew he shouldn't have walked out, but he thought that maybe they would get back together after he came back. Oh how wrong and foolish he was to think that way.

Years passed on, the pain of losing you never leaving his heart. He couldnt ever bring himself to reach out to you, nor to date anyone else. You had been his everything, his world. So when he saw you once again, years later after the bar, at a park in white dress, something in him broke. He didnt approach you, but he saw how beautiful the white gown looked on you. The big smile on your face shined as your eyes sparkled with love for the person in front of you. He'd be lying if he didnt say he was jealous, but he was also sad because he longed for you to look at him again. Now though he knew that would never happen. Looking at you once more, he sighed and smiled sadly before turning away.

"Goodbye y/n. I love you."

'Cause baby you look happier, you do

~~~~~~~~~~

Guess who's back from the dead?! Well not really but yeah. Um anyways this was ig like a pt.2 to the previous mini chap, hope yall liked it and that yall cried. Ngl, i cried while writing this ;-; heh oh well. Anyways, i promise i am working on an actual chapter but it will take me some tine because im currently trying to stabilize my mental health ahahah, so yeah. Forgive me for taking so long to update, i just ask for some patience for my mentally unstable ass. Anyways love yall!!! Enjoy!!

>>>>>love, insomnia