21

Meredith's pov:
It now has been another three weeks since I got back from Forks. Ever since the talk back at the ruin, the three kings were even more sweet towards me. Always asking if I was doing fine and I also see the thankfulness in aros and caius eyes that I have brought them back there brother. That at least is how they once explained it to me. Marcus has made sure that he was spending at least an hour every day with me. We also always have a good time together, even if we are doing nothing or are simply reading next to each other. At first a few other volturi members looked skeptically at me, even angry or jealous. But the second my mates or the three kings realized it, they quickly stopped their behavior with a stern warning. Or in janes case, a few seconds or minutes of pure agony. Depending on her mood and on who would be doing it. Natalia and Georg were fiercely warned from the three kings after my mates informed them of their treatment towards me. Two days later they got executed because they tried to ambush me in the library. I instinctively froze them in time before freaking out, not knowing what I should be doing now. I mean I couldn't leave and let them stay like that and other then my mates and the kings no one knows about my gifts within this coven. To my luck, only a few seconds later Marcus walked into the scene and right away calmed me down. Telling me that everything was alright and that he will take care of the situation. He opened the library doors a little, revealing two guards that he asked to quickly get his brothers along with my mates. They looked confused but did as instructed so the six of them came running towards us within a minute. Aro and caius were more than just angry. Not only had they tried to hurt a coven member, but they also ignored their strict instructions on keeping away from me and treating me with respect. My mates also were pretty furious but they still tried to reassure me the best they could. In the end aro asked me to please show him what had happened, so I quickly send my memory towards him without leaving the comfort of my mates hug. He seemed impressed at my ability but his eyes began to get fiery with pure rage and hatred towards the two still frozen in time.
„Could you please unfreeze them dear? I know we could just execute them here but that would be to nice." aro says still looking furious. Slowly nodding my head, knowing they won't be able to hurt me now with everyone around. Unfreezing them before hiding myself right into my mates.
„Useless whore!" Natalia ended her prior started sentence before realizing that we now have an audience. Suddenly she doesn't look too smug anymore.
„Master aro! Master caius! Master Marcus! It's so good to see you. Meredith just tried to hurt Georg and me!" Natalia nearly screams out in relief and accusation towards me. Georg on the other hand was at least smart enough to stay silent.
„Really? Is that so?" caius growls out with venom. My mates also growl threatening which lets them shrink back a little.
„I somehow cant believe that our dear Meredith would come willingly anywhere close towards the both of you." aro tells them with only slightly contained anger.
„But she did!" Natalia says, trying to look hurt and teary eyed but it was easy to see behind her act.
„Master, May i help her brain come clear again?" Jane asks the three much to my surprise and Natalia's panic.
„That isn't fair! It is clear that they only ever will believe their so called mate! Meredith has bewitched them in thinking she is their mate even thought they are in fact mine!" Natalia says with a sinister smile. Hearing a small whimper leaving Georgs mouth. The others seem to ignore it but I on the other hand slowly understand that he never meant what he has done or said. He always only wanted to please his mate but said mate doesn't seem to care for him at all.
„Aro? Could you please read Georgs thoughts. I think he might be the more innocent part in this." I softly say much to everyone's surprise. Natalia try's to jump at me since I walked out of my mates huddle. But quickly fell on the floor screaming in agony.
„Of course my dear. I think you are right." aro says, complete ignoring Natalia's form in front of his feet. Caius only watches with a wide and pleased smile.
„Georg your hand please." aro says with his hand already reached out. Another loud scream gets my attention back on the wiggling and convulsing body in front of everyone.
„Did they hurt you before you froze them up love?" alec asks and the screams instantly get way louder. I guess Jane is getting even angrier at hearing that they might had the possibility to hurt me.
„Don't worry. I right away froze them the second they not only yelled at me but tried to jump me. No one has hurt me though." I say in reassurance. Kissing all of my mates softly on their lips before hugging Marcus and caius to show them my gratitude as well. Aro is still holding onto Georg so I will thank him afterwards.
„It seems like our Georg here only tried to please his mate. A shame he got paired up with someone like Natalia." aro says, with a slight shake of his head. Guess my suspicion was right than. Jane has now ended her torment on natalia since Marcus has asked her for it. She now tries to stand back up with a hatred look towards me.
„George is not my true mate. They are! Like I already said this whore has bewitched them!" She accusingly says. George again whines in hurt and betrayal, making me frown. Feeling for that young vampire that just wants his mate to love him back.
„That's enough! I have not only seen our dear Meredith's thoughts and memories but also Georgs and they only confirm that Meredith is the victim and not you. So stop this nonsense right now! We did already warn you, so there is no way around a punishment!" aro growls out, seemingly fed up from her false accusations and screaming.
„And punished they will get brother! They tried to kill our dear Meredith!! Our top guards mate! I will not stop till they get the highest punishment there is!" caius tells us with finality. Everyone was quick to agree, completely ignoring Natalia's outbursts.
„Maybe we can give Georg another chance. I am sure he only did what he did because of Natalia. Otherwise he would of never acted like he did, I am sure of that." I softly voice my opinion without looking at anyone, afraid they might be disappointed about my few.
„Master, if i May talk openly?" Georgs voice Let's me look up immediately. Aro obviously had nod his head since Georg looks right at me with a sad smile before opening his mouth.
„I really appreciate it that you are so forgiving Meredith. But I don't deserve it. You never have done anything wrong and even though my mate asked me to do what I did, I should of never done it. So I am going to ask for my death myself. I do deserve it for my wrongdoings." he starts with glassy eyes that were looking straight at me.
„I do want to ask for your forgiveness even though I know that I don't deserve it. Just please know that I deeply am sorry!" he says after a few deep breaths. The room has fallen quiet after his statement and even caius looked shocked but also proud.
„If that is what you want, than we will allow it. Otherwise I am sure we could of given another chance when our dear Meredith would of pleaded on your case." aro says with a small nod.
Only four hours later they were pronounced guilty and got killed. I did asked the three kings to at least make sure Georgs death would be painless. At first they were not to keen on it, Alec was even harder to convince, but at the end they understood and agreed to it. My mates were also allowed two hours with Natalia, so I wasn't to surprised to see her already half death as she was entering the throne room. Her death wasn't really hard on me, but still to this day I feel sorry for Georg. I didn't know him at all, but I do know that he wasn't a bad guy. He only got a deranged mate that made him do all the wrong things.
What however quickly made the round around the castle, was that whoever would try to hurt me vocally or physically, would get hurt or even killed. So no wonder afterwards pretty much no one was glaring at me any longer.