May 18, 2019 (pt 4)

5 PM.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Hindi ko alam kung paano ko uumpisahan ikuwento ang mga nangyari simula kaninang umaga. Dahil napaka-imposible. It feels like I'm inside a terrible nightmare and I'm unable to wake myself up. Gods, I'd do anything to wake up.

Earlier this morning, around 7 AM, I woke up to loud noises outside. Nang imulat ko ang mga mata ko, nakita ko si Hannah na nakasilip sa bintana. Marty was still fast asleep beside me.

"What's the matter?" tanong ko.

Pero hindi niya ako sinagot. Her eyes was fixed to whatever's happening outside. Kaagad akong tumayo at tumabi sa kanya.

"What the fuck," she muttered. "T-this can't be happening.."

I followed her gaze, and my mouth dropped open.

Holy mother of fucking Christ.

It was like a scene in a horror movie. The kind that will make your stomach turn upside down but will grip you tightly, making you unable to look away.

People were eating each other.

I saw Mrs. Robinson, the elderly lady who lives just two blocks away from us, running around screaming until her three grandchildren jumped at her. One of them took a bite right at her face.

Then there was the Garcia family, taking bites off each other.

It was the most gruesome thing that I've ever witnessed in my entire life. It took all of my willpower to prevent myself from throwing up then and there. I could only look on, as the neighbors I used to see everyday doing their chores, now killing each other. 

Sinampal-sampal ko ang sarili ko para mapatunayan na hindi nga ako nananaginip. I winced in pain, then I willed myself to look away from the carnage outside. Hannah was still as a statue. Gods, nangyayari nga talaga lahat ng ito.

The apocalypse had started.