Rupp, H. Adam

Age: 27
D.O.B. : April 23, 1992
Sex: Male
Height: 6'3
Weight: 132 lbs
Admitted for: Anorexia
Room Number: 523

____________________

As a child, Adam had seen himself as overweight. His parents had placed this image into his head. They would always tell him how bigger he was than other kids his age and would even call him hurtful names. Sometimes, they would even go as far as to not let him eat for a whole day or even a few days. Kids at school would laugh at him because he was overweight. He would always get upset at this, for obvious reason. He would walk home crying, but as soon as he reached the door to his home, he knew that he would have to dry his tears up. His parents and classmates were the same. He had no one to talk to about his feelings or problems. Not even his teachers. If he tried, they would just shoo him off and tell him not to "tattle" on the others.

As he got older, his figure began to slim some, but not by very much. He was still a little chubby. His parents made him switch over to a vegetarian diet in hopes he wouldn't be overweight anymore. It didn't really help and it just made him hungry all the time. But he had no other choice. He always went to bed with his stomach growling.

He often found himself stating at his body in the mirror, with his parents and classmates words in his mind. Slowly, he began to believe those words. He saw himself as fat, gross and ugly. His confidence that he once had, was now gone. He only saw himself as the words he was told every second of each day.

Every meal he ate felt like committing a sin. No matter how healthy or how bad, everything he consumed made him feel dreadful. Just the thought of eating something made his skin crawl. He knew he would just get bigger no matter what he ate.

One night, while eating a meal his mom cooked, he felt bile rise to the back of his throat although he had only taken a few small bites. Immediately, he excused himself and ran to his bathroom where he began to vomit.

After high school ended, Adam reluctantly moved out of his parents home. He moved from Minnesota to Texas where he applied to a college. He had begun to work out attempting to lose some weight. He fortunately began to see a change overtime. He didn't even look like the same person he was at the start of college. He had slimmed down a lot and was now sort of feeling confident in himself.

His confidence didn't last long though. As he began to skip workouts, he noticed that he was starting to gain a little bit of weight. Panic set in as he saw this. Following the next day, he started to work out again.

He was now working out everyday from 5pm - 7:30. He would take pictures of himself in the mirror everyday to make sure he was keeping up with his weight loss. Anytime he thought he looked a little bigger, he would work 10x harder the next day at the gym.

Adam, who originally was 293lbs, was now down to 140. He had only been trying to lose weight for over a year now. He could finally say he was proud to be where he was at. But that changed everyday.

'I can get even thinner.' He thought. So, he began to work out more and eat less meals. He had lost over 18 pounds in the last month. His weight pictures were starting to get slimmer. He was finally happy, or so he thought.

He had restricted himself to only eating one small meal a day and only drinking water. He worked out everyday from 4pm-8pm. This had become his routine.

Every night at 9:30, he ate two grilled chicken breast and a few pieces of broccoli. He knew that that totaled out to be 1700 calories. It was enough to to give him energy for the day.

Overtime, he started losing more and more weight. He wasn't complaining though. This is what he needed to do his whole life. He was now what his parents and classmates always wanted him to be. There's no need to stop now.

His friends noticed a change in him. He started to refuse to eat anywhere he went, he would always leave them to go to his workouts, and he has started to fidget more and can't sit still longer than 10 minutes at a time. Every time they asked him if he was okay, he would just respond with a simple, "I'm fine," and change the subject. He eventually started to stop hanging out with them. He had no time to while exercising. He hoped they would understand.

One day during his Computer Science class, he started finding it hard to concentrate and his mind wandered off. When the bell rang, he quickly stood up and started on his way to the gym. While he was walking, his eyes started to blur. He just rubbed them, hoping it would clear them and kept walking. His head was spinning and he only saw black specks in his vision. He reached his dorm room before falling over onto the floor. His roommates immediately ran over to him. He stared up at their blurry faces, trying to figure out what they were saying, but his ears deceived him and only produced ringing. The specks were back and his breathing slowed down as his eyes began to close. The last and only thing he heard was the sound of sirens.

____________________

hey hey! my first home free book is up! i don't know much about these disorders, but i am going to research a lot and try to stick with it! if i get something wrong, please correct me and i will change whatever i need to! please let me know your feedback! enjoy 💌