Chapter Seven

*a/n: just a heads up, this chapter is slightly explicit.

---

Snowball wasn't talking to him at work today. The whitehaired boy was just glaring straight ahead, as if he was trying to kill Firey with his look.

Firey couldn't even be scared. He was too busy feeling guilty. Too busy feeling ashamed.

Snowball cleared his throat. "Heard you stood up Needle last night."

Firey looked up, but said nothing.

"I had to go over to her place and comfort her. You really hurt her feelings."

Firey kept his mouth shut, bathing the two in silence yet again.

Two hours later, someone tapped on his shoulder. He turned to look directly into Needle's eyes. Snowball huffed angrily, and looked away.

"Can I talk to you?" Needle didn't look angry. She looked apologetic. That was a good sign.

"Sure," Firey looked at Snowball, who continued to glare in the direction of the store patrons.

Needle grabbed his hand. "Let's go take a walk." She pulled him from his position and began to walk down the street with him, letting go of his hand once they reached the end of the block.

She sighed. "Firey, I don't think we're going to work."

Firey's head whipped in her direction at lightning speed.

"You're breaking up with me?" Firey's mind was rushing.

"Yeah," Needle looked away. "I just don't feel anything towards you anymore. Especially after you stood me up."

Firey grabbed Needle's hand, cradling it in his own. "Needy-"

"Don't call me that!" Needle pulled her hand away and slapped him in the face.

"I'm sorry, so sorry." Firey put both of his hands up, as if he was surrendering. "Anyways, listen. It was a mistake. I won't do it again."

Needle glared at him, her grey eyes clouded with disappointment and anger. "You won't, because you and I aren't together anymore."

Firey growled. "Shut up. You aren't leaving me."

Needle must have seen something in his face, because her expression immediately became fearful. But Firey didn't stop. He grabbed her shoulder and gripped her a little too tightly, earning him a whimper from Needle.

"You and I? We're still together. You don't get to fucking leave me. Understood?"

Needle nodded her head slowly.

Firey's eyes softened, but he was still fuming from within. "Okay then. I have to get back to work, alright?"

Needle nodded again, her eyes downcast.

Firey turned around, and ran into Snowball. The boy was silent with rage, his veins popping through his forehead as if they were about to explode.

Firey rolled his amber eyes. "Don't worry about it dude. Let's just get back to our positions." He moved past Snowball.

The whitehaired boy slowly turned and watched the ginger walk away from him. His lips pulled back into a snarl.

He moved, following the ginger boy back to their positions, his eyes never once leaving his back. Eyes watching like a hawk.

Snowball was livid, and Firey could see it in his expression. "You should have let her leave you. Can't you see she's unhappy?"

Firey's rage began to boil once again. "No, she's just confused right now."

Snowball snarled viciously. "She doesn't love you," Snowball barked. "Can't you see she doesn't want you? You're scaring her!"

"Shut up," Firey hissed back. "Be quiet. We're at work. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'll make it up to her."

Snowball said nothing, and returned to glaring at the patrons. After a couple of minutes, he grunted, and turned towards Remote, who was just walking by. Snowball grabbed her by the arm, and Remote turned around.

"Snowball?" Remote was confused. Security guards don't usually talk to the salesmen. Snowball looked up, and glared directly at Firey.

"I can't do it," The whitehaired boy said quietly. "Not with this borderline abusive jackass."

Firey raised an eyebrow. Remote looked at Firey, then Snowball.

"Borderline abusive? What's happening? What do you mean, can't do it?" Remote was even more confused.

Snowball turned to look at Remote.

"I quit."

Snowball left his position, grabbed his stuff, and walked to the door. He gave Firey a sneer, and walked out of the store.

Firey was on the verge of explosion.

The ginger spent the rest of his shift standing there furiously, his rage spilling from him like a boilover.

Fury took over him like a haze. How dare Snowball? How fucking dare him? The end of his shift came sooner rather than later, and the fiery tornado took control as Firey went haywire.

He didn't realize he was at Needle's apartment until he was standing in front of her building. He didn't have to ask to be buzzed into the complex. Someone leaving the building had held the door open for him, and he slid into the building like a snake looking for prey.

He knocked on her door, and Needle answered tentatively, opening it just a crack.

Firey had no time for this bullshit. He forced his way into her apartment and kicked the door shut behind him. He picked the slim girl up and she squeaked as he threw her onto the couch.

The ginger pounced on top of her, pinning her arms and legs beneath him. Needle writhed in terror.

"What are you doing Firey?" Needle's eyes were wide with alarm. "Let me go!"

Firey began to claw at her clothes. Needle, sensing danger, began to fight him, thrashing beneath him in an attempt to free herself.

"You don't love me, do you?" Firey snarled into her ear. "I'll show you. I'll show everyone. I'll make you love me."

Firey ripped off her shirt, and Needle screamed.

The boy was ripped out of his fury and back to his senses. He looked at Needle, his pupils dilated.

Needle took his pause to her advantage and pushed him off. She scrambled to her feet, grabbing a pillow from her couch to cover herself. She blinked at Firey, tears threatening to spill from the corner of her eyes.

"Needle," Firey began.

"Get out," she hissed. The tears were running down her face now.

"No, listen." Firey was calm, but more stern now.

"No, you listen." Needle's voice was quiet and shaky. "You're a monster. I don't want to see you for the rest of the day. Get out of here."

Firey stepped back, and looked at the mess he's caused. He didn't know what to do. He showed himself out of Needle's apartment upon the realization.

He's falling apart.