She's An Obstacle

Start from the beginning

As she scanned for any sign of the figure the air around Morgianna changed, the wind that was previously almost nonexistent picked up speed whipping her hair around her. Leaning back away from the edge she fought to get her hair out of her eyes catching a dark figure hurtling at her at an inhuman speed.

Within seconds it was on her and she felt two 'hands' make a connection with her body sending her backward over the edge. For a moment she let her body freefall through the air as she looked at the figure above her. It's humanoid shape shrouded in darkness that flickered in and out.

Morgianna extended her hands out letting the air around her bend to her will slowing the speed at which she fell until finally coming to a complete stop. The figure above didn't move, seeming to stay and watch what she would do next. If she wanted she could fly across the expanse of water straight to the nearest town, or maybe even to her friends who would welcome her with open arms. She could even call them here and break all the rules if she were so inclined. However a feeling inside of her told her that by the time they arrived it would be long gone.

Twisting her wrist she rose above the cliffside keeping a distance between herself and the flickering figure. "Who are you?" She could barely hear her own voice over the wind but she knew it heard her. It's 'head' titled to the side as if studying a fascinating creature making the hair on her arms stand up and a chill run down her spine.

"You look like your grandmother, I bet your tainted blood calls out to these filthy creatures that call this world their home. Join me and I will let you live." The voice was clearly male, it's sound gravely but not in a good way. Just from those words Morgianna had made her guess of who stood in front of her, yet she hoped beyond hope that she was wrong.

Moving her body so that she was hovering over solid ground, Morgianna watched the figure for any sign that it would attack. "You just tried to kill me, why should I believe you Eltarr?"

A dark chuckle resounded throughout to small clearing. "Well you shouldn't believe me blindly. However this is a once in a lifetime chance, get it? Because you've died before and will die again." Not getting the reaction he was hoping for he continued on as if not acknowledging his awkward joke. "Don't take too long making up your mind though. One day you will seek me out willingly, coming to me begging for your life, and on that day if you beg nice enough I may just let you live. Or I may kill all you care about first and then torture you for eternity." The shadow flickered as if shrugging. Morgianna felt that there was a smile in his voice as if the words he was saying were of the most pleasant topic, and not about her gruesome demise.

Just from what she had heard about him and her short conversation thus far Morgianna could tell that making a deal with him would be like making a deal with the devil. In the end she would always lose. Steeling her nerves, Morgianna straightened her spine and stared at the figure with cool lipid eyes. "I will never come to you and beg. Instead on that day should it ever come, it will be you that begs for your life." With those words she did not waste another moment. Using the wind to propel her forward Morgianna called her scythe into her hands and swung.

The shadow flickered as the scythe passed through it, another dark chuckle echoing through the cliffside before the shadow slowly dissipated into nothing. There was no trace left behind as if he had never been there to begin with. Morgianna knew this time she truly was alone, the eyes she had felt on her before were gone. Taking a deep breath she looked over the water and knew that she would have to make a trip to town soon. This was too big for her to handle on her own.

....
*somewhere far below the surface*

"Dammit! One day I will wipe that whole family out of existence. No, I will finish what I started and wipe this whole world out of existence. The seal is weakening so I can send out parts of myself but they are nowhere near strong enough to fight someone. I need to be free so that this world will tremble at the sound of my name. That girl is nothing but a nuisance, an obstacle to my goals and she must be dealt with." Another shadow was speaking, but it was nonetheless Eltarr. His real body lay upon a stone slab within the cavernlike room seeming to be in a deep sleep. The long blonde hair fanned around his body almost like a halo. His beauty was once the talk of the town, many women and men alike lining up just to see him. His eyebrows perfectly arched with long lashes that cast a gentle shadow over his high cheekbones.

The shadow reached out as if to touch his sleeping form but the closer it got the more it dissolved. He cursed in his heart vowing to make everyone pay. He would once again walk the surface, but this time he would revel in their fear.

_____________________

Word count before note: 1715

So after much thought I am back to writing. A part of me wanted to stop or put this story on a long term hiatus but I couldn't. I actually started writing because I lost my mother last year and she loved to read with me. Losing my father less than a year after her has been very hard on me, but I am hoping to use this as my sort of escape. I hope everyone can be patient with my updates as they may not be too often. My thoughts are still not as clear as I would want them to be. There may also be some changes to come to the story, as I may change how many chapters there are remaining. Originally I wanted these next two arcs to finish up the story and I wanted there to be lots happening in them but I am not sure if I am up to that task still.

I really appreciate everyone who has read this story. Seeing the likes and comments always makes my day and I hope moving forward you all continue to enjoy it.

Thank you!