Chapter 7- Kidnapped

Y/N's POV   

Newt and I are interrupted by a low rumble, is that a car? We turn to see Brenda shooting the cranks and Jorje running them over in their car. They pull up next to us and yell at us to jump in the car while Brenda continues to shoot the cranks behind us.

"Thank God you guys came, no offense Thomas, but we definitely would have died without you." Thomas glares at me.

"Hey! I would have totally 100% gotten us out of there."

"Suuuureee Thomas." Newt and Frypan laugh.

"I'm impressed, you guys almost lasted a whole day" Jorje says.

I laugh and thank them for saving us. Everyone suddenly turns to Newt and I and the car goes silent. I guess they remembered what happened between us. Jorje and Brenda look very confused as Newt and I both look down with scarlet cheeks. Thomas wiggles his eyebrows at us while Frypan laughs. They tell Jorje and Brenda what happened but of course Frypan over exaggerated.

"They confessed their love to each other and made out for hours." Frypan said.

Everyone laughed while I smacked him upside the head and said

"That is not what happened!"

"Are you bloody mental?" Newt laughed.

We almost crashed into a rock because Jorge was laughing so hard and I'm pretty sure Frypan peed himself. After a couple minutes Newt taps my leg and points out the window. I see tall metal walls surrounding a giant city filled with bright skyscrapers.

"We're here."

We step out of the car as we gaze at our surroundings. It truly is beautiful, well... it would be if it wasn't an evil base. Newt speaks up.

"It's funny, three years we've spent behind walls trying to break out, and now we want to break back in." I laugh at him and say

"Yeah, real funny Newtie." He smiles at me.

We head down to the edge of the city to where the outcasts live and blend in with the crowd of people that have gathered behind a barrier on the road that leads to the city. They seem very angry and it feels like we are in a mob or protest. I get a bad gut feeling and immediately rush over to Newt and tell him that something does not feel right. He says

"Let's just see what happens but be ready to run."

"I really hope my gut is wrong about this one..."

I feel claustrophobic as voices and yells surround me as people in what look like gas masks come closer towards us. Newt grabs my hands and my friends and I all band together planning to fight these people when we hear the loud hum of machines. I look up at the wall and see big turrets facing towards us.

"Guys... lets go this isn't good!"

I yell as the crowd starts to draw back. Explosions boom around us and I am so busy getting my friends to run with the others that I don't realize that I am in the back. The one most exposed to the bombs. I fly backwards and land pretty hard on my back. I gasp for breath and all I get is dirty soot filled air. My ears violently ring as I try to stand up but fall back down. I try to crawl away but I can't find the strength. Maybe it would be easier if I just gave up now. The world is too far gone. As I start to close my eyes I feel a pair of strong arms grab me and sling me over their shoulder. I realize it's Newt. He may be skinny, but he is pretty strong. He takes me into an empty alley and my ears are ringing a little less.

"Thanks for grabbing me Newt, are you okay?"

"No I'm not bloody okay! You almost died!"

"Good thing I didn't then"

I laugh as I wrap him in a tight embrace. He is leaning in to kiss me when we are interrupted by the people who we saw earlier in masks grabbing us and throwing us into the back of a crusty van that people always say to stay away from because that is how you get kidnapped. Well, it's finally a reality. Newt grabs my hand and reassures me that we will be okay as long as we are together. I really hope he's right.

A/N don't we love sketchy vans :) see you in the next chapter slintheads -L