Chapter 4- Released

*The next morning*

I wake up and stretch out my arms and legs. I accidently hit Newt in the face and I stifled a laugh. We woke up and said

"What was that for?"

"Sorry I didn't mean to."

We both laugh. His morning voice is kinda cute I think to myself.

"What time is it?"

"I have no idea."

Thomas walks in to check on me one last time before I get to leave the medical tent. He sees us in the same bed and wiggles his eyebrows and we all laugh. Once he checks my stomach he says

"Wow, you healed quite quickly! You're free to go y/n."

''I can finally see something other than the inside of this hut. Anyways, where do I go?"

"Well we are all quite crowded due to all of the new kids but you can stay with Newt."

I look at Newt and say "Where to?" He laughs as he points to the door. We get out of bed and I gather my things. 

As we walk outside I stare in wonder. There are so many kids here! It looks like they are fixing up a ship, maybe that's our escape route. He leads me to where he sleeps. Most people sleep in hammocks but he has an old little mattress on the ground.

"Nice house."

"Why thank you." He says as he laughs.

The mattress is twin size so it's pretty small. I would say that we could switch from being on the ground vs being on the mattress every night but Newt is pretty small so I think it will be fine. We spend the day working together on the boat. He is busy binding metals over the ship's weak spots and I guess I am his assistant. The day goes by pretty fast because we talk while we work. At one point he asked me how my group got out of the maze.

"Well I was the last one to arrive and I suggested climbing the walls. They said it wouldn't work so I just built a giant ladder. We walked among the top of the walls until we found the sectors and the griever hole. We all made it out safe. What about you?"

"Wow, how did I not think of that? Well grievers had invaded the glade so we were pushed into the maze. We lost a couple friends along the way. Brave souls who risked their lives for us to get out. We just kept running until we found a way out."

"I'm sorry that happened to you Newt. At least most of you made it out. I don't even want to think about where I would be if you didn't save me."

I shudder as I think about all that I went through at WICKED.

After dinner we head off to bed. I am very tired from today's work so I plan to fall asleep very quickly. The mattress is very small so I lay on the very edge of the bed he looks at me and laughs.

"It seems as though we've had this conversation before."

"What do you mean?" I chuckle

"Y/n, you can come closer you know, I don't bite." He mocks me

"Well if you turn into a crank you will."

I playfully snap back at him. I scoot closer and he pushes me off the bed. We both laugh as the people around us groan.

"Will you two shut it?"

"Yeah, I'm trying to get my bloody beauty sleep!"

Two people say. He starts to laugh but I cover his mouth with my hand. I feel him smirk then he licks my hand.

"Eww, gro-"

He covers my mouth and I get my payback. We both silently laugh then head to sleep, much closer than last time. 

A/N I hope you guys like the story so far! See ya in the next chapter slintheads -L