ange | 008

ange | 008

The truth, I only wanted to hear the truth. We all do.

"Who is she and why she's in there?" Ange kept interrogating the uneasy man.

"Stop asking that nonsense question and ask something you could use for solving a case," he snarled at her. For a few seconds, Ange gasped lowly after hearing Cole's upset voice. She felt he's ticked off by her continuous questions about the true identity of her friend. But she could ignore the truth about Lorei, especially it was the perfect time to gather some information about her friend's little background. Ange wanted to think that he was right, that she should forget about Lorei and move on. But she couldn't let the opportunity slip off her hands.

"Answer me," she eagerly demanded. "I want the truth."

Cole gritted his teeth and glared at Ange, forehead creased as his brows move towards each other. "You're so annoying," he muttered. Ange ignored his words.

"Ask. Something. Else," He told her, pausing after each word. If Ange was persistent, so he could be.

"You know what, I do not need your answer. I can ask her instead," Ange turned her head against Cole and commanded the hologram.

"Gather data about the woman in the photo," she commanded but the screen blinked red with a bold word popping in it and it read error.

"Error. Unable to gather data, too much character," it said, robotically.

"Seriously!" she yelled. She noticed Cole sheepishly smirked that made her more irritated.

"Bad luck, time runs out. Let's go," Cole uttered when his watch made alarmed. He took a step but Ange pulled him by his arm making him stop.

"Who is she and why she's in the photo? it's a damn question," She insisted. She tightens her grip but it was nothing to Cole, her strength wasn't enough to make him pull his arms back, or maybe he's just keeping his temper and silently endures the pain.

"You badly want to know?" he paused, reassuring Ange although it was evident she really wants to know something about her late friend, Lorei. She nodded her head once.

"She's a disgrace and we despise her! Even if we're bound by blood," he exclaimed in anger, it was like a fire burns inside of him, slowly get bigger and bigger as he remembered some memories of her.

Ange gasped as she heard something she was not expecting. When she was about to speak, Cole shut her as he continued talking about the girl she hated.

"She betrayed Mystique! The reason why Devor has the everlasting amulet of Phoix. Whoever possesses that amulet will only experience pain but in worst-case scenarios, the holder will obtain immortality. It used to be in the hands of the association, protected by us! And she! That wretched woman betrayed us!" He burst out in anger. Ange couldn't speak even she wanted to say something on behalf of her friend.

"Bound by blood... You're related to her like f-family," she stuttered. Still surprised by the shocking news.

"Twins. But we were never really identical. Before she was kicked out of the association, she performed quicker, smarter, and more organized. Overall, she's better than me. But even with her absolute performance, she's a sneaky snake. I don't know when but she worked for Devor. She was the mole who gathered very important information about the association and she's responsible why Devor possesses the amulet. She gave it to him, on fucking purpose!" He continued on. The information he told made Ange realize that she really doesn't know Lorei even she spent her two years with her. Everything that Lorei used to tell about herself, about her past, they were all nothing but fake information.