FIRST.

Eunice's POV

As soon as Mother told Davina and Anallina about the ball, they became so frantic and begged for more information regarding it. Mother continued to read the letter and it was stated it would be tomorrow night.

A grand ball.. Oh, how lovely it would be to attend! Men and women would walk in wearing their most elegant ball gowns and suits made from the finest of silk. It would be a dream come true.

"Oh, Mother, shouldn't we be buying dresses at the town now? Madame McKennly's shop would be filled with women fighting over those gorgeous dresses!" Davina turned to me and snapped me out of my trance with her loud voice. "Eunice, prepare my bath."

"Mine as well." Anallina said and the both of them ran towards their rooms to pick dresses to wear to town. I saw Mother putting back the letter inside the envelope and I gathered all my courage to speak up. "Uhm, Mother..?"

"Yes, Eunice?" She raised a brow and looked at me like I was a pile of uncleaned cinders. "May I go to the ball too?" I asked. I hope she would say yes. Last time I remembered, my real mother left me her gowns. I might finish fancying them by tonight or tomorrow.

She looked away from me and let her sharp cat-like eyes travel on the floor. "Hmm," Stopping on her tracks, she returned her gaze on me. "You may, but only if you finish all your tasks today and tomorrow."

My whole face brightened. "Yes, Mothe—" She cut me off of my sentence and pointed at the mess Lucifer made on the floor. "Oh, might as well clean that up." She said nothing more and went back to her room to prepare like her daughters.

I turned my head to Lucifer and glared at him. "You bad kitty." He just purred and followed the footsteps of his owner. I grabbed the necessary tools to clean whatever Lucifer put on the floor and mopped the spot afterwards.

I immediately went to Davina's room and prepared her bath then to Anallina's to do the same. I didn't hear any calls from Mother so I went to the back of the house to feed the chickens and a few pets.

I tied my hair into a tidy bun and grabbed the basket of corn from its shelf. I went outside and threw the food towards the awaiting chickens. I studied my surroundings and noticed he was not here yet.

"Donghyuck!" I took a step back from surprise when he suddenly popped out of the bushes. It caused for me to step on a rooster's foot and it scurried away, fearing me from now on. "Where did you go off to this time? Still want to be chased by a predator?"

He grumbled and messed with his brown-purple hair. "There are rarely any wild animals here! There are too many hunters and they are all on my tail. I mean, can a predator chase me this time?" He said.

Donghyuck here is a human turned into a pudu. He would only have his human form when he is alone and maybe I am an exception. "Just stop hoping that you would be chased. You might be someone's dinner."

"I know that but nothing fun happens in my life." I rolled my eyes and gave him his bottle of milk. "Whatever. Here you go." He then thanked me and drank it like a five-year-old. "Eunice, did you hear about the grand ball?"

"Yes, I have heard of it. Mother told me I can come but only when I finish all of my chores." He scoffed and folded his arms. "Lady Tremaine won't spare you, Eunice. She and her daughters would find a way to make you busy from dusk till dawn."

I sighed. "I know, but let's not lose hope. I have been doing this ever since I was ten so don't you worry," I emptied the basket of corns and looked back at him. "Also, they will be at the town to buy dresses. You can help me clean the house."