That day...

Levi's POV~
It was a day like any other... Cleaning, fighting, and talking out plans... But then something frightening happened.

We were out on an expedition, I was with my squad... Petra, Auruo, Erd, Gunther, and the one I loved most, Eren... We were you know....dating.... And we were planning to get married next month on the 10th of January. Eren picked the colors, I picked who gets to come, and we picked out each others suits. That was the greatest part of it all...

"Heichou!" Petra exclaimed

I snapped back into reality. We were being chased by a female titan at the moment and Eren was being pressured and I wasn't saying a thing...

"Heichou! What do we do?!" Eren asked
I still didn't say a thing...

"Eren! Don't!" Erd shouted.

"But if I don't everyone will keep dying!" Eren argued back.

I turned around to find Eren questioning himself, whether he should bite his hand and turn into a titan or stay human and let everyone else die, he looked about ready to bite his hand and turn but I finally spoke up and said
"Eren, we don't won't know the outcome of you becoming a titan and trying to defeat it, but if you feel as if it's the right choice then do so."

He put his hand down and kept riding. A few moments later the female Titan was caught by traps. They didn't hold long.... The female Titan came dashing at us again and then she kicked Petra, grabbed Auruo, punched Erd into the ground, and pushed Gunther into a tree. Eren obviously had enough of it and bit his hand. He turned into a Titan, but he didn't last long. The female Titan threw several punches at him and succeeded every time... He finally gave in and then the female Titan ripped open the weak spot and crushed Eren, my lover, right before my eyes. I looked once more at the scene and right before Eren's eyes closed for good he mouthed "I love you."

I was too shocked to do anything. I froze up. I felt wetness on my cheeks... They were tears...
"Eren... No.. No... No... No!"

I grabbed my blades and maneuvered with my gear towards the Titan.
"You'll pay for this!"
"Even if it's the last thing I'll do!"

I sliced up the Titan and I sliced a chunk of her flesh off. I did it Eren... I avenged you... But that's not going to help bring you back...

~time skip~

We were back from the expedition.. Eren died.... No one else knows except for Hanji, Erwin, and I...
Erwin finally spoke up "We can't let anyone else know about this."

Hanji cried out "Do you even know what the Military Police will do if they found out?"

"No I don't, Hanji... I also forgot to tell you guys we were going to get married next month..." I mumbled.

Silence filled the air... We heard muffled sobs from Hanji and I felt a wetness on my cheeks again... Tears... I tried to forget about it all, the deaths of my comrades, the death of my loved one, but I couldn't... I sat and watched as they all died slowly...
If only I told them what to do... No one would be dead.. But we don't always know the outcome... I was mad at myself. How could I let Eren die? How could I let my whole squad die? Am I that stupid? The answer I gave myself was yes... Yes I am stupid for letting my squad die. I watched them all die, one by one, they all died. I could've saved Eren but I just watched as he got crushed slowly...

I'm truly a monster, aren't I? I went to bed that night but I couldn't sleep. I twisted and turned. Almost fell off the bed twice... When I tried to fall asleep... I would hear a voice...

"Heichou, it wasn't your fault."

Tch, Eren... How am I supposed to fall asleep without you by my side?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I'll continue writing tomorrow... Byeeee guys :)