Chapter 20: Naori's Decision

Naori P.O.V

"Sasuke-kun, Sakura just texted me that game just finished," I said as I scrolled through my phone.

"Tch...there's still 30 minutes left..."

I watched Sasuke pace around the room nervously. I sighed, shaking my head at the current situation. He's making a mistake...

I didn't agree with what he was doing. He needed Naruko to be complete. She was the only one who could ever make him happy, and I'm sure he knows that. Sure, the things that happened in the future were bad, but it wasn't his fault. They could have worked something out and continued to be happy together, yet he was so hellbent on the idea that he was the problem which was causing an end to both their happiness.

That night on the school trip, Sasuke had asked to meet me. The moment my eyes met his, I knew something within him had broken. Never before had I ever seen a grown man cry the way he did, much less an Uchiha. With no way to calm him down, I took him in my arms and allowed him to cry. He didn't want to let her go, yet here he was trying to find a way to escape confronting Naruko.

She deserved to know everything, it was her future so she should also have a right on deciding what to do. They needed to talk, but that's not what Sasuke wanted to do. He's going to regret this for the rest of his life if you don't come soon, Naruko...

"Naori."

I jumped as he called my name. "Yeah?"

"Naruko should be on her way home, so can you guard the door? Don't let her in no matter what."

I stood up from the floor, with another sigh. "Okay..." I was walking out of the room when I heard him whisper his thanks towards me. I simply nodded in response as I made my way to guard the apartment door.

He really is making a mistake.

***

I stood in front of the door for what felt like hours. I continued to check the time on my phone only to find that 10 minutes had passed. I banged the back of my head on the door in anxiousness. A loud sigh escaped my mouth as I looked up to the ceiling. Ughhhh, this whole situation is killing me!

"Naori...?"

"What?" I replied in exhaustion from outside the apartment.

"I know you think I'm going to regret not seeing her, but I promise you I won't. It'll just hurt more if I saw her now, so please...no matter what, don't let her in."

I thought about his request, analyzing the problem from both sides. I wanted to help Sasuke but I also wanted to help Naruko. My moral compass was spinning out of control at the thought of who I should help. Either way, one person would get hurt, and I didn't want to hurt either of my good friends.

"Sasuke, I don't know..."

I heard his sigh from behind the door. "I don't like saying this but a promise between Uchihas is forever."

I clicked my tongue as he brought up our clan's stupid rule. "Fine..."

"Thank you, Naori."

I looked back at my phone in anger as I agreed to help out Sasuke. A promise between Uchiha's is forever...Tch, stupid Uchihas...

While I continued to curse the Uchiha name, the sound of loud panting struck my ears. I looked over towards the stairs to see Naruko. My heart sank as I thought about having to hurt my friend. She was almost at the top, so I backed up against the door, spreading my arms to block any type of entry. I'm sorry Naruko...