"I know! I'm going to train my ass off..."

"Yeah."

All the players from Itachiyama tackled Sakusa to the ground and wept tears of joy. There was no escaping from it.

"Sakusaaaa!" Matsushima choked out as tears filled his mouth.

"Oi, let go of me. Your germ-filled tears and mucus are touching me. This is disgusting." Sakusa seethed and pushed Matsushima off. All he could think about was (Y/N) and what she thought.

An invisible crown sat upon his head as a boat stuck on a stream in one place. It entangled in the roots of his hair like it was apart of him.

"You were the real MVP today!" Iizuna hovered his hand over Sakusa's shoulder, grinning from ear to ear.

"Thanks..."

After swerving around the hugs, he found (Y/N) with her eyes welled with tears as it started running down her cheeks.

"Are you unhappy with the results?" Sakusa asked wearily and slowly walked up to her.

Her lips formed a great, big smile, and she brushed off the tears that gathered in her now glimmering eyes.

"No silly, why would I be unhappy? You just won Nationals! These are tears of joy!"

Sakusa released a sigh of relief that he didn't realize he had held in.

"You did amazing, Kiyo! You went WHOOSH and then BAM! It looks like I missed out on a lot over the past six years, huh..."

It was exactly what Sakusa wanted to hear. Waves of happiness and relief washed over him, and he felt it soak right into his bones. Dizzy with exaltation, he closed his eyes and savoured the felicity that fizzled in his heart.

• • •

"And now, I present this award to the victors. In the boy's division, Tokyo Prefectural, Itachiyama Academy. Concluding the Interhigh National High School Volleyball Tournament, your team has emerged victorious."

Words couldn't describe how proud (Y/N) was of the boys. She buzzed in happiness. All the practice and preparation lead up to this. They definitely deserved it.

"I present you this award in acknowledgement of your commendable performance."

Iizuna stepped up and courteously accepted the certificate before bowing as Yoneda held the trophy.

"To praise both teams for their good match and all the teams for their marvellous performance, I'd like to ask the audience to give them another big round of applause."

Everyone started to applaud loudly for all the teams as some whistled and shouted their school's name. (Y/N) clapped especially loud for her team. She wanted to show how extremely pleased she was with them.

"We will now start awarding the individual players of each section. Awards are given to the best six players, and thirty outstanding players and two outstanding liberos."

Sakusa remained stoic on the outside but deep inside, his heart was bursting with pride and his spirits were flying high. He had already gotten the award he wanted.

"In the boy's division, best scorer, Sakusa Kiyoomi from Itachiyama Academy."

The crowd erupted in more cheers as he walked towards the podium to accept his award. After accepting it, another wave of cheers engulfed the stadium as he turned around to face them.

But instead of looking at the crowd, he immediately looked at (Y/N) who gave him a thumbs-up and mouthed a 'congratulations.'

It made his mouth twitch as he fought a smile.