Not possible

Needless to say, that now, Kay felt herself extremely lonely. At the same time, it wasn't the same thing, as it was with Phil. She didn't want anyone to make her feel happy. Not anymore. Ben was the one. Now, he is not here. But she keeps visiting Washington Post, but not to check out the company, only to sit for few minutes in Ben's office. Kay was always afraid, that someone else may enter it. Not because they could see her there and start asking questions. But because she could still smell his cologne there. And another odor can make it disappear. Kay would enter his office and just sit in his chair for a good 20 minutes with her eyes closed. She would remember every moment that he got to spend with her. They could have had more of them if...

Today wasn't some sort of a different day. Kay, as always, was on her way to "her" company. She parked her car, locked it and went to the enter. Kay walked into the elevator and quickly got out, when it arrived to the right floor. She was about to walk to her son, when she caught something with her eyes. Kay turned her head towards it. Leaning on the wall, was standing a man. He looked like...him... The same grey hair, green with a little brown eyes. Even the suit. Could it be?

Kay turned her head around and started to walk towards the man. She couldn't believe her eyes. Or...is her brain playing with her again? But when that question came into her head, she was already standing next to him. Kay was lost. She didn't know what to do. The man was reading some papers. She got closer to him, so he would notice her. The man raised his head. Kay just starred at him. The man was running with eyes by office and had no idea what was happening. Finally, he spoke.

-Can I...help you, mrs. Graham?

The same voice. How is that possible?! He is...alive? But, wait. He can't remember...what is happening?!

-Is that...you? - Kay asked shakingly. She was looking right in his eyes.

-Me? Who? - a man was totally confused.

Kay came extremely close, so the man couldn't even stretch. She slowly raised her hand and put it on his cheek. It was noticeable, that the man was super uncomfortable and confused. A sudden voice made their eye contact break.

-Mom? Mom, what is going on? - Kay's son appeared.

Kay turned her head to him and put her hand down.

-Is it him? - she asked quietly, while looking at the man.

Kay's son made a confused expression on his face.

-Who? - he asked.

But then he got it. He sighed and walked up to his mother. He grabbed her hand and turned to a man.

-Oh, no, mom. It's not...him. I'm sorry, she thought that you were Ben. - her son said to the man.

The man exhaled, made a confident stand, just like Ben's, and looked at Kay more softly now.

-Oh, sorry mrs. Graham. I should have guessed that you would mix me up with him. People say that we look very much alike. - the man straightened up, adjusted the suit and cleaned his throat. - my name is Anthony Bradlee. I'm Ben Bredlee's son.

Kay looked at him with her eyes wide opened. Son? How could she forget? Of course.

-Umm, oh, nice...nice to meet you. - Kay said with a little embarrassment in her voice.

-Sorry, mom. I should have warned you. Mr. Bradlee will take his father's place. Mr. Mayok, who was doing that job, can't do it anymore. And mr. Bradlee agreed to take that job.

Anthony nodded. Kay still couldn't believe her eyes. Even the smile...that cute smile, that meant so much for her.

But the surprise changed to a little anger pretty quickly. Kay looked at her son seriously.