I'm here, don't worry

It's been already a week, since Kay's last day at work. She knew that she wouldn't be able to work, while Ben is in the hospital. She was with him the whole time. When he finally woke up, it was easier for her to smile. At least, he is here. Of course, this kind of injury will take a long time to recover but Kay didn't care about that. They have plenty of time. On the first day when Ben woke up, in few hours he fell asleep, because he was exhausted. Very slowly but his strength is coming back. He still can't move without pain and talk for a long time but at least, he can stay awake for more than 10 hours now.

-Kay, you should go home and get yourself a normal sleep - Ben said quietly, while holding Kay's hand.

She rolled her eyes and made a deep breath.

-I already told you, Ben. I can't. Not while you're here. I don't want to leave you.

Ben smiled. Kay may seem weak and scared but she is very brave. She is not scared to make a sacrifice for others.

-Kay, honey, what could possibly happen to me here? I mean, as long as I don't throw my head back, I'm fine.

-That is the point. I must be always with you. You aren't able to stop your seizure by yourself, Ben. - she said seriously. Doctor's words came up to her head. "He could die..." She turned her head away to not to show her tears. Ben noticed that and grabbed her hand tighter.

-Well, I think you're right. I do need you, Kay. - Ben said quietly and softly. Kay looked at him and smiled. She carefully leaned to him and kissed his forehead. Kay felt that the temperature was a little high.

-Oh, Ben! Are you alright? Your head is hot...

-I'm fine. It will turn back to normal, I'm sure.

The sudden knock on the door made them both turn to the door. It slowly opened and Fritz appeared in the room.

-Oh, hey. - Kay said quietly.

-Hello, Kay, Ben. - Fritz said and closed the door behind him. He came up to Kay. - how are you?

-Fine, thanks. - Ben replied. - what is going on in the world? - he asked.

Fritz looked down. Both Kay and Ben understood that something happened.

-The police came to me. They said that the man who shot you was just a killer. I mean, he was only making an order. But who made him to do it they still can't find.

Kay looked scared. She grabbed Ben's hand tighter and closer to her.

-That's not why you're here, right? - Ben asked quietly.

Kay looked at him confusingly. Fritz starred at him for a minute and turned his head.

-They know about me, Kay. They sent me the same letter. They said they will kill my whole family if I'll keep helping you. I'm sorry but... - a tear rolled down his face - Oh, I'm sorry. I'm very sorry.

-No, no, it's okay, Fritz. It's alright. You did everything right. - Kay said.

-I talked to my wife about that. They could go to her mom. She lives in Canada. They will be safe there and...

-No, Fritz. You should stop being with us. It's too dangerous for your family. - Ben interrupted him.

Fritz looked at him with the shock in his eyes.

-But...Ben...

-We will be fine, don't worry. You must not endanger your family. Leave with them. It will be better.

The room got quite again. Kay didn't know what to say. She knew that Ben was right. Fritz has done too much already.

-Fritz, Ben is...right. You should leave...please.