Worst day

Kay was feeling herself more relaxed now. She knew that her father will love Ben. Well, she thought so...

Today, Kay didn't have to go to the university. It was Sunday. She loved weekends. They would let her to have a rest that she always needed. But this Sunday, she couldn't rest. Today, her father will be meeting with Ben. The interview, some kind of. Kay was very nervous.

-Oh my God! I hope he does well!

-Kay, darling, what is it with you? Why do you worry so much? It's not like you're going to go through an interview. - Kay's mom said.

-It's just...Ben is a really good journalist. I mean, even New York Times have only few people like him. And if he does good, he will be able to work, when I will replace my dad.

Kay's mom turned serious. She took the smile off her face.

-Mom? Is everything okay? - Kay asked.

Her mother raised her head and gave her a tiny smile.

-Don't worry, honey. Everything is going to be fine. - she said. Suddenly, they heard a knock on the door. Kay jumped up and opened the door. She blushed. It was Ben.

-Hey there! - Kay said with an excitment on her face.

Ben smiled.

-Hello, miss Meyer. Mrs. Meyer. - he nodded to Kay's mother, who was standing behind Kay and looking at them with smile.

-Hello, Ben. It's very nice to meet you. - she walked up to him and shaked his hand. - don't worry about the interview, young man. My husband may seem strict but he can't even tie his shoes by himself so...

-That is not true - mr. Meyer interrupted them. - So, young man. Are you ready?

-Always ready, sir. - Ben answered.

Mr. Meyer kissed his wife and daughter and walked towards the door. Kay ran up to Ben and whispered into his ear.

-Don't worry. You will do excellent.

Ben smiled and left the house. Kay and her mother were watching how two men sat in the car and drove away. Kay's mom hugged her and kissed in her forehead.

-Come on, honey. We have a whole day today.

Kay looked at her mother. She enjoyed spending time with her mom. She was the wisest and kindest woman that she ever knew. And she has a whole day. And they will be only together. No one can't interrupt them.

Meanwhile, mr. Meyer and Ben were driving to the Washington Post office.

-So, tell me about yourself, Ben.

Ben turned a surprised look at his boss.

-Well, I'm 20 years old. I turn 21 this year, so I will be able to work as an adult. My parents... -Ben stopped. Mr. Meyer turned his head to him.

-What? What your parents?

-My mom left me and my dad. When I was 5. I've never seen her since.

-I'm sorry. I didn't know.

Ben looked down. Thoughts about his mother were making him sick. She left them for a rich man. Ben hoped he will burn in hell.

-So, how did you meet my daughter? - Mr. Meyer decided to break the dead silence.

- I met her at the university. We enter the same journalism class.

Mr. Meyer giggled.

-Well, now I know why she loves these classes so much.