Recover will take time

Kay couldn't sleep that night. She was just sitting on her bed. She didn't even change her clothes. It was 4 a.m. in the morning. Kay was sitting on her bed and her arms were around her knees. She looked to her right. Just a day ago, Ben was laying here next to her. A day ago! She couldn't believe that all of it was happening. Her eyes were red because of the tears. Kay was crying that hard last time, when Phil died. She lost her love once, she don't want to lose it again. Kay looked on the clocks. 4:06. She got up of her bed and went to her closet. She finally changed her clothes. Then, she looked at her hands. Blood.

-Shit! - she said to herself. Kay went to the bathroom to wash the blood away.

She didn't want to be in this empty house any longer. Kay grabbed her key's and left it. She decided to not to call Fritz now. It was too early. And by the way, she didn't care about her life anymore. She wasn't scared of anything. But surprisingly for her, on all her way to the hospital, there was no attack. Nothing. She was confused. What is wrong with those people? They want to kill her but only when she is with someone? Unbelievable.

When she got to the hospital, it was already 5 a.m. She walked to the lobby and sat on the chair. Next to her was sitting a group of people. She looked forward. Operation room. Just like she yesterday. She leaned on the back of her chair. The door of the operation room opened and the doctor came up to the group of people. They quickly got up and ran up to him.

-I'm sorry. - he said.

Kay felt how the blood in her was freezing. What can be worse than to lose your loved one? She looked at group of people. They all were hugging each other and crying. The doctor turned his head to her. He came up to Kay.

-Mrs. Graham. You came to visit? - he asked quietly.

-Yes...Yes - she said, not taking her eyes from the group of people. The doctor called her after him. She got up and followed him. When they were far away from the group, she finally asked.

-Who they were waiting for? - she asked.

-Their father. He didn't make it.

Kay looked down. She felt so sorry for them. Yet, she realized that she could have been on their place yesterday.

-When...when things like that happen...what do you feel? - she quietly asked.

The doctor looked down.

-Disappointed. Extremely disappointed in myself. But the truth is, we can't save everyone. That's what the job of the doctor is all about. Every medic have to go through the death of his patient.

Kay was listening him with sadness inside of her. Poor doctors. They're going through so much deaths everyday. They are heroes.

Finally, next to the room number 114, the doctor stopped. He opened the door and went in. Kay freezed on her place. She couldn't move. Her legs wouldn't carry her. The doctor looked at her.

-Come in, mrs. Graham. It's okay.

Kay made a deep breath and walked in the room. The doctor was checking Ben's indicators. Kay couldn't move again. Her eyes still couldn't believe that. She slowly walked up to Ben. He was laying on the bed like if he was asleep but he had a lot of wires coming to his chest, which was wrapped up in bandage.

-Well, the indicators are stable. All we have to do is wait.

-Thank you, doctor. Thank you.

-I will leave you now.

The door closed and Kay was left alone with Ben. She slowly sat next to him. She grabbed his hand, which wasn't as warm as it was before. She couldn't take it any longer. She burst into tears. Kay put her head on Ben's chest. She could feel his heartbeat. She carefully kissed his forehead. She started to fall asleep while listening to his heartbeat. A nurse came in and saw Kay on Ben's chest.