Episode 1

Episode 1

General, together with Aling Shirley, went inside the apartment while the other tenants stood by the doorway.

"I could have easily explained everything that is happening and that is yet to happen during your stay here," she told his newest tenant.

Then she added: "But the new management decided to change the rules. So here we are, acting dumb and pretending to be surprised."

"You mean you, not we," General clarified. "I really have no idea what is going on here."

Right on cue, the bathroom door opened.

The uninvited guest was sitting on the floor with her palms covering her face.

"Stand up, my dear."

A long silence had followed after General realized that his twin sister Zenith was the person inside his bathroom.

"Why am I here?" she asked Aling Shirley.

"Because he wanted you to be here," the landlady replied, motioning Zenith to look at General.

"No!" shouted General.

"Then show her the way out."

Aling Shirley left the twins to themselves, commanding the other tenants to go back to their own rooms.

"Is this some sort of an after-life or a parallel universe?" Zenith asked her brother. "The last thing I could remember about us was that we have grown apart and we have both left our parents' house."

General nodded in agreement while avoiding her gaze.

"I remember that clearly," he replied in a low voice, pertaining to themselves growing apart. "But I think we are not yet dead. I can still remember how I got here."

"How did I even get trapped inside your bathroom?" Zenith asked before laughing out loud.

"That sounded so weird and so wrong," General said as he found himself laughing with his sister.

"Are you sure this is not a prank?" Zenith asked him, fixing her messy appearance.

"I have never been good at acting."

They let out heavy sighs synchronously.

"The old lady told you to show me the way out," Zenith told General.

"I refer to her as Aling Shirley," he said, unconsciously changing the topic.

"So you don't want me to leave yet," she said teasingly.

"Stop making assumptions."

"Alright," Zenith replied.

"I believe something's wrong about this place and about Aling Shirley," she began. "As much as I wanted to leave, I cannot stand the thought that you are going to be stuck here with her by yourself."

General did not expect his sister to say those words.

After parting ways four months ago, it was the first time that the twins got to talk with one another and General thought they would only be arguing when they meet again.

"Also, I need to know how I ended up here," Zenith asserted. "I needanswers."