Prepisode

**Dedicated to @vitamaycee (https://www.wattpad.com/vitamaycee)

Prepisode

"Welcome to your new home," greeted Aling Shirley, the landlady of General's new apartment.

General casually smiled. It was going to be a new start, he told himself as he brought his things into his 60 sq. m room on the first floor of the complex.

"Gen!" shouted someone from the comfort room inside his rented space during the first night of his stay.

It scared him, so instead of checking it out, he convinced himself that he was only hallucinating. However, the following morning proved his theory wrong.

He was on his way to the bathroom when he heard light knocks on its fully shut door coming from the inside.

His instincts told him to go outside and call for help. The fact that the main door of his apartment was wide open sent him running and shouting.

Four months ago.

"Can you please keep the volume down? I am trying to get some work done."

"No" was her twin brother's response to the text message she had sent.

Since they turned 17 last month, Zenith started searching for and taking part-time online jobs.

General could not understand why his twin sister seemed so desperate for money. Their parents have stable incomes and whatever it was that Zenith was earning money for, she could have just asked for it from them.

"I can't stand living with you any longer."

"Then move out."

That short exchange between the twins has led them to where they were now.

Zenith was the first one to leave their house and rent her own living space. After feeling responsible for the whole situation, General has decided to move out as well.

While his sister needed only a day, it took him four months to prepare himself for a life of independence.

Their parents assured him that they support his decision and that if things do not go as he planned, they will be pleased to welcome their son back.

"What's wrong?" Aling Shirley asked General. Some tenants were also asking the same.

He pointed his apartment, then explained: "Someone broke in and is now hiding inside the bathroom."

"But our complex is well-guarded," said Aling Shirley in disbelief.

General tried calling the police hotline, only to be told by the network operator that the number he dialed was out of coverage area.

"Has anybody seen or let in an outsider last night?" Aling Shirley asked the other nine tenants and the security officer.

All of them shook their head. Aling Shirley stared for a while at the main door of General's rented space.

"What's with that look?" General asked accusingly.

Instead of an answer, the landlady replied with a question: "Who are yourunning away from?"