smoke

I was sitting out on my porch watching the clouds, hearing the excitable laughing and occasional screaming coming from the kids a few houses down, i look over to my right seeing jack sitting there his eyes closed and a blunt sitting perfectly between his lips. My eyes trail down to his shoulder where his sleeve of tattoos start going down all the way to his wrist.

"here" jack says handing the blunt to me i give him a smile before taking it from him and bringing it up to my lips to inhale. As i'm exhaling i feel jack's stare on me, "yes?" i say chuckling.

"you always look so hot when you're smoking" Jack says to me as he's staring into my eyes intently.

"thank you, i'm really glad you don't think i look ugly" i say laughing, "shut up" he say slightly nudging me with his elbow while also laughing. After a pause of silence jack speaks up.

"i've only seen you look ugly once"  

"what? When?" i say not expecting those words to come out his mouth. "i can't tell you that is for my knowledge only" he said with a prominent smirk on his face. "come on you what do you mean for your knowledge only" "come on jack please tell me" i whine.

"okay but don't be upset when i tell you though, okay?" he states to me.

oh god, what if he tells me if was today or yesterday or even last week. i have all these thoughts running through my mind.

"okay so you know when we went back home to yours for the first time so i could meet your parents?" "yes?" i say hesitantly.

"well do you remember those photos of you in 8th grade, yeah that was horrific y/n"

"oh my god!" i shout at him laughing yet still slightly annoyed. "you can't do that jack, i was terrified" 

"just a joke, just a joke" he says while putting his hands up in a surrender position.

"gimme that back now, douche" i say grabbing the blunt form him. 

we stayed laughing and joking on the porch until we both together finished smoking then we headed back inside together.