Eight

Ash

I lead Taylor back into his room once he was ready and hand him loose sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt which he sets onto his bed.
He then bends and pulls a small first aid kit from under his bed.
I gently rub neosporin on his arms and cover his fresh cuts in an ace bandage.
I let him dress and check to make sure Mandy was okay and if she had eaten.

"Is big brother okay?" she asks, worriedly.
"Yeah ..he's gonna be fine." I hug her.
"Goodnight, Mandy" I told her
"Goodnight, Ashton." she giggles.
Ugh. Girls.

Once back in Taylor's room, he is sitting on the ground, staring at the floor.
"Are you hungry, Taylor?" I asked, knowing well the answer by now.
He shakes his head, of course.
I pause and hold and hand out to him
"C'mon, babe"
Taylor slowly reaches for my hand and lets me help him to stand.
I lead him across the room to his bed and turned to go back downstairs to lie on the couch, when he caught my wrist making me jump a bit.
"Wait.." he begins.
"S-sorry." he says, when he realizes he had startled me.
"What were you gonna say?" I ask.
He releases my wrist from his grip and drops his eyes to the floor.
"W-will you.. Stay with me tonight..?" he asks, choosing his words carefully.
"If you want." I answer.
This is the first of him speaking for quite some time. How could I say no to him?

He takes my hand once again and pulls me beside him as he lay down after turning off his light. I cautiously wrap my arms around him. He snuggles into me, and soon sleep takes over.