all on her own .15

Start from the beginning

"come on ricky," seb quietly said to his best friend as he tugged on his arm, "lets go find somewhere to sit." ricky nodded his head and followed his friends to one of the pews.

"i shouldn't be here," ricky whispered to his friends.

"why not?" kourtney asked.

"dude don't look, but i could literally feel them staring at me," ricky stated and indicated his eyes at nini and her friends. of course the first thing red does is lean forward and make eye contact with them. ricky quickly grabbed the back of red's shirt and pulled him back in the seat.

"i just said don't look," ricky stated and looked at red with confusion.

"yeah i know but when you say that, it makes me wanna look even more." everyone face palmed while red shrugged his shoulders in defense. the music started to play and the whole church grew silent as they watched ethan's casket get carried down the aisle.

nini's body grew tense and she quickly looked to the floor. ashlyn and gina grabbed both of her hands and held onto it for the rest of the ceremony. nini sunk back in her seat as the funeral service started and felt herself counting down the minutes until she had to give a eulogy. she was going to back out of it, but didn't have the heart to tell ethan's parents.

40 minutes.

30 minutes.

20 minutes.

10 minutes. nini's heart started to race.

5 minutes. she finally let go of her best friends' hands and grabbed the piece of paper in her purse.

"we will now hear from ethan's girlfriend, nini salazar-roberts," the priest called out. ricky's heart dropped to his chest as he watched nini get up from the pew and walk over to the alter. nini let out a deep breath as she looked at everyone's eyes stare at her. she carefully folded out the piece of paper and started her eulogy.

"five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear. five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. how do you measure, measure a year?" nini said, "two million one hundred two thousand four hundred minutes is how long i've known ethan - how long he's been in my life and everyone else here today. in the short time ethan's been on this earth, he made an impact on every single person he met. looking at all the people in front of me, i think we can all say that it's true. he was loved by every single person he met..."

ricky scoffed at the sound of nini's eulogy. of course he felt bad, but he thought it was even worse how nini had no problem lying about how great of a person ethan was. every single person that was from east high here knew that everything nini was saying was bullshit. everyone saw the text messages and they all knew what he did to her. yet here she was, telling everyone how great of a person ethan was.

ricky felt a buzz in his pocket and grabbed his phone out. his face went cold as he read the exposer's tweet and watched the video. ricky lifted his head up and glanced at his friends who had the same shocked face as he did. he looked around the church and saw how every east high student's mood quickly changed to shock and confusion. at this point no one was listening to nini's eulogy anymore, they were all staring at gina porter.

"...ethan wasn't perfect," nini was hesitant to say. she felt confused as she saw everyone's heads look to their phones and look at her with a cold blank stare, "..but he was good to me."

as soon as nini was done giving her eulogy, she started to walk back down the aisle. everyone stared at the girl, knowing how upset she'll be when she soon finds out the news. before nini could reach her seat, ej got up from the pew and made his way out of the church without another word.