00.14

Y/n's P.O.V.

"Five." I say. Except it's not me saying it, or at least not intentionally. Oh, that bitch. She definitely did something before we left. "You're still alive." He says. "Sheesh, don't sound so disappointed. I might think you don't like me." The words are coming out of my mouth but they're not mine. 'Fuck, I need to tell him. But I don't know what The Handler will do, not to me but to Five.'

"Well as lovely as this reunion is, I think it's about time we get down to business. Don't you agree, Y/n?" The Handler inserts herself into the conversation. Business? I thought she was just going to release me into the world like Godzilla or something. I can see the look of confusion and worry overtaking Five's features. "Well, what do you want?" Five turns towards The Handler but not completely taking his attention off of me either.

I take the time to look around the room, a bit taken back I admit when I see the elder woman strapped to a chair which is on the verge of falling into the boiling hot tub behind her. "You must really like donuts." I hear Five mutter. Oh, no wonder she looked a bit familiar. She's the waitress from when Five and I went for coffee.

The Handler just smiles and moves from the couch to the mattress behind the hot tub with me following her. It was like I was watching a movie, unable to do anything against the villain. As I passed the woman, she cried helplessly with the piece of duct tape over her mouth muffling her words. I try to muster up at least a look of sympathy but nothing. The most I can do right now is listen and fight against the control. The latter being easier to say than do.

"It's been awhile." The Handler comments, sitting on the bed with a cigarette in hand. From Five, I learn that I had been gone for three whole days. And if my math was right, the apocalypse should be today. Fuck. "But for me or the both of us I should say, it's been a lot longer since those adorable little shorts made their appearance. " She gestures to me standing beside the bed. 'How long exactly was I in the coma?'

Five clenches his jaw. "Got your message by the way." Five cools back down, holding up a small piece of paper. "Hmm, there have been a lot of changes to the organization since you left The Commission," The Handler starts towards Five. "And Y/n also did her fair share of damage. The briefcases were all but destroyed." I try to move my body to go to him too but to my objection, I don't move at all.

The Handler continues to go on and on until Five cuts her off abruptly. "What do you want?" Five repeats his earlier question. The Handler stops to list off the things that she wanted but Five and I both know that she was just being a smart mouth. "Billions of people are about to die tonight. You can change that." Five reminds her. Although I'm pretty sure she already knows that.

We need to get out of here. We're wasting time and judging by Five's statement, the Harold Jenkins thing didn't work. 'Hm, I wonder if I can activate my power. Or at least one of them.' What I'm going to do with it? I have no idea but if it gets us out of here then I'll take it. 'Now let's see, I'd say body control is some what similar to mind control. So maybe all I need to do is shock myself out of it... using heat!'

The growing feelings of frustration and anger spread through my mind like a plague. Those feelings were all I had to fuel either one of my powers if what The Handler said was true about what they did to me. The left side of my body was growing hotter the more I fed the mental flames in my mind with anger as my coal. My eyes shifted to my left hand along with all my attention for the conversation in front of me.

'Come on. Come on.' I'm surprised the skin on the left side of my body isn't melting off already from how hot it felt. I could feel bullets of sweat rolling off my forehead and down to the tip of my chin. I was almost there, I could feel it now. The familiar heat of fire coursing through my veins. It was second nature for me as breathing and drinking was for any other person.