Arranged Marriage AU

Had to up the age to 17 for this one

Y/n's P.O.V.

"You... did.... WHAT?!" I yell. My father cringes away from me but my mother doesn't move a centimeter. "Y/n. Please, manners at the dinner table." My father reminds me. I sigh and looks towards my mother who eats as if the previous scene haven't broken out just now. "Y/n. Think of us. Your family. The people. Your brother and sister." At the thought of my siblings, I turn to my younger brother and even younger sister. A/n don't have siblings? Well you do now

I look back at my parents across the long wooden dining table. My expression darkens and my shoulders slump. "Fine." I hissed before heading back up to my room. Can you believe it? An arranged marriage at the age of seventeen?! The nerve of those two backstabbing traitors, trading me off like I'm a cow. I mean I eat a lot but have a little decency at least.

I flop onto my bed which I might just never sleep in again. One day. That's all I had before the wedding. The wedding with a guy I've never even met. Oh gosh, what if he's a pervert? Oh please no, please don't let it be that. I lay on my bed face down and watch the sunset turn to a sunrise. Well, I may have fallen asleep but it's sounds more poetic if I say it like that.

"Miss Y/n! Wake up!" One of our maids bangs on the door, startling me. I couldn't get a word out before a bunch of maids come walking in, ready to prep me for the day. "Your mother requests your presence today in the tailor room to discuss details of your wedding." My maid and best friend Lavender tells me. I grunt in reply. This was going to be a heck of a day.

No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5

I flop onto my bed once again, savoring the small heat in between my body and the covers. The maids have done their job and left. My mother and father have greeted the other family, planned the wedding in one day somehow, and are peacefully sleeping. My siblings have no clue what's going on except for the fact that there's going to be a lot of food tomorrow. What none of them know is that I'm not exactly one that's gonna go without a fight.

The clock struck midnight and that's when I got out of bed. I peeled the covers off myself, then the bed. Soon, I had merged blankets, covers, and sheets into a long rope. Long enough for me to climb out of my window since I have no doubt guards will be at the front gate. I swing my large window open with a satchel in hand and dressed warmer in pants and tunic rather than gowns. I peer over the edge down to the ground and there are no guards in sight.

Perfect. I throw the 'rope' out and tie one end to the bedpost. Testing it, I lean out the window with my back towards the ground and my feet on the wall. I look down again and instinctively to the side. Usually, you wouldn't see another person doing the exact same thing as you are but there was, in fact, another person doing the same thing. I could only assume from the raven black hair shining in the moonlight, the satchel in one hand, and lean but built body that, that was my 'fiancé'.

I look away and climb down faster. 'Maybe he won't see me and I'll have enough time to get away.' Finally, I reach the ground. I turn around only to be faced with darkness. I look up the person who's at the least, a foot taller than me and get a closer look. Dark green eyes like pine leaves, chiseled jaw that could cut my limbs off, his parted lips that made him look.. so... ugh. I haven't even spoken to him and I already want to kiss him.

'Can we go back? I think I might actually be okay with this arranged marriage thing.' I blink and he blinks. "Wow. You're beautiful." I think I just died. The way he said that made me want to drag him back inside the castle where we can stay forever. "You don't even know my name. We don't even know each other." I point out. My cheeks may have been flushed but I still have some pride left.

"Okay, Fine then. Hi, my name is Five. Five Hargreeves." Hargreeves. I was going to marry a Hargreeves. "Oh, Y/n. Y/n L/n." I don't know how I managed to get that out of my mouth without stuttering or choking on my words. He reached for my right hand and kissed my knuckles gently and slowly, as if he were savoring the feeling and the moment. "Well, Miss Y/n how about we go back inside, forget about this, and change that last name of yours?" I looked down and felt a smile form on my lips slowly.

"Y/n Hargreeves. I like the sound of that."