00.05

Five's P.O.V.

That was probably one of the best nights I've ever had. And I wasn't even awake. It was more like one of the only times I've slept well without having nightmares of when I had traveled too far into the future. I finish putting on my shoes and walk out, stopping in front of Y/n's room. I knock and hear a small 'come in'.

I turn the knob and see Y/n changed and laying against her backboard reading a book. "What is it this time?" I ask. She shows the cover of her favorite book and I nod. I walk over and take the book out of her hand gently setting it down. She holds out her hands and I pull her up towards me and to the basement to get food.

By 'food' I mean one of the only things we know how to make. You'd think with our combined brain cells, we'd be able to come up with something more sensible. She gets the peanut butter and butter knife and I grab the marshmallows and the bread. We come together at the head of the table and make 2 peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches.

I sit across from Y/n as we eat in silence and try to memorize every detail of her. It was like a game of memory that I liked to play. A lot. "You're staring." She points out. Before I could do anything to prove my feelings of embarrassment, I shout out,"No shit." She ends up doubled over in laughter at that and we finish our sandwiches soon after.

Deciding to walk, we find our way to the Meritech company building where Y/n said she had seen it. We get out of the elevator and walk into the open space with white tiled floors and walls. The receptionist at the desk near the window glances at us every once in a while. Y/n and I wait as I fiddle with the eyeball in my right hand.

It isn't until a man speaks out when we get attention. "Uh, can I help you?" He asks. Y/n looks up from the floor as I whip around from pacing. "I need to know who this belongs to." I state simply, hoping but expecting questions. "Where did you get that?" He asks.

Y/n rolls her eyes. "What do you care?" She retorts. The man looks at her a little shocked. 'We can't screw up now. I'm gonna get this information one way or another.' Before Y/n can say anything else, I interrupt her. "We...we found it... at a playground actually." I sputter out. 'We might just look young and innocent enough for him to break. Or at least Y/n does.'

"Uh, must've just..." I make a clicking sound with my tongue. "Popped out." I smile. He looks at us with awe. Wow, I didn't think he'd actually fall for it. How thick in the head is this guy? "We just want to return it to its rightful owner." Y/n smiles sympathetically.

"Oh... what a couple of thoughtful young children." The receptionist coos. "Yeah. Look up the name for me, will ya?" I ask immediately. Y/n smiles sweetly along with me as the receptionist just looks at us weirdly again. "Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential." The man interrupts. "That means I can't tell you—" The man tries to explain but Y/n cuts him off. "Yeah, we know what it means." She rolls her eyes. She's getting impatient, fast. We both are so we have to get it now or never.

"But I'll tell you what I can do." He says quickly. "I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner." He offers. "I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just—" He reaches for the eye but I hold my hand away. No way was I going to let some nobody take the only lead I have to saving everyone, including his dumbass, from the apocalypse.

"Yeah, you're not touching this eye." I tell him. His face grows stern by the second. "Now you listen here, young man—" he starts. I pass the eye to Y/n to hold as I grab this man, getting tired of this. He grunts, a bit startled. "No! You listen to me, asshole. I've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend, so just give me the information we need, and we'll be on our merry way." I seethe in his face, smiling at the end.