Chapter 3 - The accident

Start from the beginning

   Everyone shook their heads, "nope, nobody" Eric said, I noticed him looking at Bella across the parking lot, I rolled my eyes. "Alright, that's all I wanted to know, so, I bid you a fond farewell" I said, doing a little bow.

   I ran back over to Bella and leaned against the truck, there was a loud honking and I saw Tyler's van start to lose control. I gasped as it came right towards Bella and I, I fell backward and hit my head off the truck, all of the sudden, Edward was there, he put his hand out and the van hit it, I gasped as his hand dented the metal.

   Edward met Bellas gaze and they stared at each other for a few moments before Edward stood up, jumping over the truck and leaving. Everyone ran over yelling, I was in shock, Bella and I were staring at each other, trying to comprehend what had just happened.

   I gasped as someone touched my arm, then I saw Mike, he helped me up as everyone swarmed Bella and I, saying our names and telling us 911 was being called. My heart was beating a million miles an hour and I couldn't focus on anything, I felt light headed.

   My legs went weak and my vision went black as I collapsed in Mikes arms, passing out.

***

   I opened my eyes again and I was at the hospital, laying in a hospital bed, Bella was sitting on the bed beside me, and on the other side of her bed was Tyler. I sat up and Charlie burst into the room, "Bella, Maya, are you okay?" He asked, walking over.

   He glared at Tyler, "you and I are gonna talk" he said before coming over to Bella and I, "you two alright?" He asked. Bella sighed, "I'm fine dad, calm down, Maya fainted but neither of us are injured" she said.

   He looked at me and took a step towards me, "you okay? You're not hurt?" He asked, I nodded "I'm not hurt, just a bit of a headache" I said. He sighed with relief, and a man walked in, "I heard the chiefs daughters were here" the man said.

   "Dr Cullen" Charlie greeted him, "I've got this one Jackie" Dr Cullen said to the nurse, he took the chart from her and looked at it. "Isabella" he said.

   "Bella" she corrected, he smirked, "well, Bella, looks like you took quite a spill, how do you feel?" He asked, looking at her. "Good" she said plainly, he took out a flashlight, "look here" he said, she stared at his finger as he pointed the flashlight in each of her eyes.

   "You might experience some post-traumatic stress or disorientation, but your vitals look good, no signs of any head trauma, I think you'll be just fine" he said.

   Tyler tried to apologize again but Charlie closed the curtain, I smirked and Dr Cullen turned to me. "You were with her when it happened, how do you feel?" He asked.

   "My head hurts, but I'm fine" I said, I rubbed the back of my head and winced, pulling my hand away and seeing blood on my palm. Dr Cullen looked at my hand, "let me see your head" he said, he moved my head and looked at it. "You've got a cut behind your ear, it's not deep enough to need stitches but you should keep it clean, look here" he said.

   He held up his finger and took out his flashlight, doing the same thing he did with Bella, I had trouble focusing on his finger. He sighed, "you have a very mild concussion, you should be fine as long you take some Tylenol and get lots of rest" he said. I nodded.

   I looked at Bella, "you know, it would've been a whole lot worse if Edward wasn't there, he knocked us both out of the way" she said. Charlie looked at Dr Cullen "Edward? Your boy?" He asked.

   "It was amazing, I mean, he got to us so fast, he was nowhere near us" she said, she was right, he was all the way across the parking lot with Jasper. "Sounds like you were very lucky" Dr Cullen said, walking away.

   Bella and I stood up and left the room with Charlie, "I gotta go sign some paperwork, you two should... you should probably call your mom" he said. I hadn't talked to mom since we got to Forks. "Did you tell her?" Bella asked. He didn't say anything, which meant yes.

   "She's probably freaking out" I muttered, taking my phone out of my pocket, I dialled my moms number, it rang a few times before she answered.

   "Maya? Honey? Are you okay? Your dad told me what happened"

   "Mom, I'm fine, it's just a concussion"

   "A concussion?!"

   "A mild concussion, Tylenol and some sleep, then I'll be all better"

   "I have to go, get better, and don't get in any more accidents"

   "I love you mom"

   "I love you too sweetheart"

   She hung up and I put my phone in my pocket, turning around and gasping, Jasper was standing in front of me, I hadn't heard him walk over. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" he said, I sighed, "it's fine, I'm just a little on edge" I said.

   "I wanted to make sure you were okay, that you weren't hurt" he said, I shrugged "I mild concussion and a small cut, I'll be better in a week" I said. He looked a bit relieved "good, uh, here's my number, I'll see you later" he said, handing me a slip of paper before leaving.

   I smiled a bit to myself before putting his number in my phone and saving him in my contacts, maybe one good thing came from this...