Chapter 9

I quickly rushed quietly to Lyre, no matter what, I need to drag him out of this place. I gently placed my talons on his, he looked at me with confusion.

"What are you doing here?" He whispered to me, pushing me back.

     I shook my head, now was not the time to talk, I grabbed his talon in mine and dragged him away, but before I left the area, I made sure to do something about that mysterious animus for now.

"Freeze the animus in Radiant's hut in place until I tell the spell to unfreeze" I mumble under my breath.

     With that, I flew away with Lyre, the rainwing guards following behind. I shuddered at the thought of finding out who that animus was. We flew back to the royal hut, Queen Glory greeted me.

"Where is Radiant?" She questioned, expecting her sister to have been brought back.

     Lyre fiddled with his claws, not looking the queen directly in the eye.

"She's dead"

    Queen Glory's eyes widened, her face was filled with shock. She managed to finally say something after a few minutes.

"What happened?"

     Lyre explained everything, including the part where I froze the animus. We have yet to see who that dragon is. Queen Glory ordered Deathbringer and a few trusted rainwings to come with us to go back into the hut.

     I felt nerves building up in my stomach, how dangerous was this new animus? I glanced worriedly at Lyre, will he get hurt? We aproached the hidden hut oncemore, Queen Glory swung the door open.

     There was no dragon inside, my spell hadn't worked. But how? Queen Glory looked at me.

"Where is...the dragon?" She asked.

     To be honest, I had no idea. I gave a shrug and continued to explore the dimly lit hut. It was small, but had many things inside. King Deathbringer studied some claw prints, and the other looked around curiously. I swear there was a dragon inside here, why were they not frozen?

     I found an interesting artwork, it was dragons of a tribe I didn't recognize. I traced the drawings, they were beautiful, but what were they? Simiarly to rainwings, they were all different colours, but they looked completely different. I gathered some more dragons to come look. Who were they? And why was this painting in the hut of Radiant? I noticed small handwriting at the corner of the painting.

Powerwings will rise.

     Was Powerwings another tribe? I had a million questions tumbling into my thoughts, but no one could provide an answer to them, judging by the bewildered faces.

     A dragon swooped in, her scales were gold and silver. A combination I had never seen before. She looked like the "powerwings".

"Elder-" she started, her eyes filled with terror and hostility once seeing Radiant's dead body and the strangers in front of her. She quickly disappeared out of thin air. The dragon didn't leave, but just vanished.

     I looked at the other, making sure they saw what I saw. Was this the mysterious animus dragon? But she was female, and I heard a male voice. I shook my head, I must be daydreaming or something. This was not possible. Did I just discover a new tribe?