Chapter 8

I was peacfully watering the flowers that grew around our hut when a guard decided to escort me to the royal hut again. But this time, it wasn't the normal meetings, tomorrow was supposed to be the upcoming meeting. The guard nudged me into the royal hut, Deathbringer greeted me and lead me inside.

     Queen Glory sat with Moon, but Lyre was missing. Why was he not here? Lyre had started joining these meetings for a few weeks now, there was no excuse for his absense.

"Where's Lyre?" I asked curiously. Moon gave a nervous glance to the queen.

     Deathbringer motioned me to sit down. They all looked worried, but I didn't understand. The plan was in place, and my magic dungeon was in the making, what could possibly be wrong?

"I can't read Lyre's mind anymore, he's definitely hiding something" Moon explained to me. "I'm afraid we can't trust him"

     Ever since Lyre joined, I imagined this journey to be with him. But this was definitely concerning.

"Do you think he's doing it purposely?" I questioned.

     Everyone shrugged in response. Before, when Moon was able to read his mind, she labeled him as trustable. I hope she was right.

"That is why we have decided that he will be no longer joining us in meetings" Kind Deathbringer stated.

     My heart dropped, that was the thing I hoped not to happen. Lyre was so useful, with his insightful ideas, and the way he made me feel calm in these situations. But of course, it was safer for everyone, especially the queen.

     Suddenly, Rainwing guards rushed into the room, panting.

"There's a dragonet outside, and he wants to talk to you, he said his name is Lyre" The guard told the queen.

     Queen Glory motioned for everyone to come with her. Why did Lyre come? We approached the main entrance, Lyre was pacing in panic.

"Lyre? What do you need?" Queen Glory asked him, her eyes narrowed a little to him.

     Lyre stopped pacing, and looked at us. He was deliberating whether or not to tell us something.

"I-" Lyre started. "Can we go inside?"

     Queen Glory nodded and lead him into the room. King Deathbringer made sure to keep an eye on him. Once everyone was seated, Lyre started telling us what happened.

"Radiant promised my family great power if she were to become queen. She found out that I was involved in this because a dragon told her, but I don't know who. My parents agreed and forced me to share information with her, I lied to her, I didn't share anything. But she believed me and told me to keep on reporting to her. This all happened yesterday, they are planning to kill all of you next week." Lyre explained, he looked worried.

     Queen Glory looked shocked, Deathbringer was gritting his teeth, and Moon was frowning.

"But why can't I read your mind?"Moon asked.

     Lyre titled his head in confusion and scratched the back of his horns with a claw.

"You can't? I thought you could..."

     Moon shook her head, Lyre was still as confused as ever. Queen Glory got up from her seat, she passed two sleeping darts to Lyre.

"Take these and shoot it to Radiant and the animus, some rainwing guards will help you with that if you want. Then you'll bring them to the dungeon" Queen Glory explained.

     The magical dungeon had barely finished, I was worried about how good it would be currently.

"Your Majesty, wait a few more days-" I suggested.

"No the queen is right, even though they are planning to in a week or so, I sense some type of danger right now" Moonwatcher stopped me from continuing.

     I glanced wearily outside the village. The dungeon was hidden deeper in the rainforest, I wonder how much of it is ready. I had casted the spell for it to grow intertwined in the vines and leaves so it would blend into the rainforest. No one wants it to be found. But how much of it was covered? Was it even ready to serve it's purpose?

     Lyre left the room as I was deep in thought. I hadn't noticed he has already begun searching for Radiant and her ally. Two rainwing guards flew with him, without thinking, I followed behind carefully and secretly. He was going to a certain crazy rainwing and a mysterious animus, I cannot let him do this without me.

     Lyre lead the guards into a bush, and soon enough he too went in, all of them camouflaged. Although I was far behind, looking at them from a distance, I hid in the shadows. Lyre and the guards seemed to be facing a hut, it was wrapped behind a large tree, I had never noticed it before. Perhaps it was Radiant's hut. I was right, the queen's sister strutted out.

"Lyre is going to be such a good help, save your magic" she cackled.

     There was another dragon behind her, I couldn't make out how he looked liked as he was hidden in the shadows of the hut. I guess he was the animus.

"Indeed he is, your majesty" The voice responded.

     There was an unsettling silence that followed, Radiant turned to face the doorway, about to say something. But a dagger flew out, and stabbed her in the chest, with one strike she was dead. I glanced nervously to where Lyre and the guards were hiding. What do we do?  The real danger was not Radiant anymore, we face a new danger.