🤞Promise till Eternity🤞

🤞 PROMISE TILL ETERNITY 🤞

I came out of the car and was instantly surrounded by a crowd.
My name resounded in the air, one could hear it  from a distance.
"Manik! Manik! Manik."

I smiled proudly and waved at the crowd.

I am Manik Malhotra, the topmost singer in the industry.

As i came out of the car, everyone started to cheer my name, surrounded me, wishing to click a picture with me, some wanting my autograph. Taking selfies with a few of them, I gestured to my P.A. and he cleared the way towards the entrance.
I finally entered the studio after meandering through the crazy crowd.

"Itni si hasi
Itni si Khushi
Itna sa tukda chand ka
Khawabo k tinko se
Chal banaye aashiya!!"

A melodious, soulful and beautiful voice reached my ears. Searching for the source, I started looking here and there. This voice was more beautiful than the original one who had sung the piece. I followed the trail, which took me to the other side of the studio.

There was a girl behind the mike, wearing a white suit. She had left her hair open, which touched her perfectly curved waist. Her doe-shaped eyes rolled and her beautiful pink lips puckered into different shapes whenever the lyrics flowed out of her mouth. The glow on her face was heavenly, and for a moment, I was lost in that angelic girl and her melodious voice.

But, My P.A came in, shouting
"Manik sir! Manik sir! We are ready for the concert."

Irked by his interference, I shot a glare at him, to which he shook his head with his eyes downcast, embarrased by his reaction.

I went with him to the stage and commenced the concert. After the successful performance,
I asked him, "who was she?"

Confused by my sudden question, he asked, "who?"

Huffing at his stupidity, I said
"The girl who was singing at the back studio."

"Your Co-singer for the next project, Nandini Murthy." He replied

Anger rose in my head and I shout
"I am not working with any new girl."

Knowing my attitude he was prepared for this. He handed me the list of the songs she has sung.

I was amused by seeing two pages in the list.
'These all songs are sung by her, so why don't I know her name.'

'Sir, not everyone is fortunate to make the name, some gems get lost in the crowd of industry.'
He shrugs and leaves.
I was amused by his response.

I have to accept working with her since I was bound by the contract to give two albums under that specific music company.

************

Days  passed, Nandini and I had started working together and slowly we got to know each other.
Every time I met her she amazed me with her skills and her acts.
She was bubbly, cute and lovable. Every time she was on recording people kept laughing around her. She was frank but polite.
She loved making friends and her energy was so contagious that it spreads happiness in the surroundings.