Chapter 32: No Time To Waste

Start from the beginning

He walked up the stairs wearing just pants and a white, soaked shirt that didn't do much to cover his toned chest. While getting his hair out of his face with one swift stroke of his hand his eyes met mine, and I was immediately reminded how close we had been. How lost we had been in each other and how much I wanted more of him.

"Princess." Obi-Wan took my hand and placed a kiss on top. When our eyes met I knew he was thinking about the same thing. I also knew that he could sense my emotions, and how much I wanted to rip his shirt off. Yet he remained in control, as he always did. He bowed slightly before me. "I will see you soon."

"Yes, you will." Our eyes remained locked for too long to be formal. Finn could sense the tension and cleared his throat to get the jedi's attention.

"I still think you should get a room!" Anakin yelled from outside. He'd finally managed to put out the fire, but now he was literally soaked in mud. Obi-Wan cursed under his breath and used the force to shut the door right in his face.

"How I've been putting up with him all these years."

~

It had taken only about half an hour before we were all settled and changed into dry clothes. I'd always had a stash of spare clothes lingering in the house, for I occasionally visited Stefan's home for a short vacation. We'd always been close, especially after I saved his husband from almost certain death.

I sighed deeply as I looked into the mirror before leaving for the study. My hair was down and flowed down my back, contrasting with the light cyan dress I had chosen. It wasn't anything special, just simple to get into and not too informal. However, it may have had a little bit more cleavage than I normally would've accepted. Because of some weird instinct I wanted to look good for one specific human and I hated the fact that he had that effect on me.

"So, we have a plan?" Anakin questioned when we were all in the study. He was sitting on the large, round table in the middle of the room where Finn had splayed out the map of Valeria. He himself was standing in the corner, watching from a distance while Obi-Wan leaned his hands on the table. Finn had given him one of his plain dark shirts and I had to admit that it was weirdly attractive. Obi-Wan always wore lighter clothes, but the dark brought out a different side of him which I was eager to explore.

When I had entered the room, I'd noticed that his eyes lingered on me longer, but other than that I got no special reaction from him. I, however, couldn't keep my eyes off of him. "Sort off." I huffed. "We have to head north. There's an ancient burial site there where we, or rather I, will find some answers."

"And what does that have to do with Arthas?" Obi-Wan asked as he looked up to me. My body was immediately on high alert and I suddenly became conscious of how I was standing.

"Well I hope that in some way finding out who I am can help us defeat Arthas. My father told me it would right before he died." I sighed deeply and straightened my back. "Who knows, maybe I'm a time turner. It would certainly be a nice surprise for once."

"Wouldn't you have found out already?" Obi-Wan frowned deeply as he straightened his back. "As you have described it, time turners are very powerful. Wouldn't you have felt it already?"

"Not necessarily." Finn chimed in. "As you know, time is a power that is inherited. But in a very specific way. As in most genetic powers, it is passed on from generation to generation. Only, it is passed on when the parent has died."

"How does that even work?" Anakin asked in confusion.

"When someone dies, and he or she has that kind of power, it will be transferred from parent to child using a link that has always been there. A force link, or so you jedi call it." Finn explained. "Time isn't the only power that's inherited. There are many more, but most have been lost. When there is no child to inherit the power, it takes a physical form of some kind of orb. We call it an echo. We bury it with the remnants of the family, hoping that one day some long lost relative will claim it."