Chapter 2 - First day of school

Bắt đầu từ đầu

He stood up and winked at Bella and I "I got your backs" he said, leaving the table, "I guess we'll just run another editorial on teen drinking" she said in disappointment.

"You could always do something on eating disorders" Bella suggested, I smirked, "Speedo padding on the swim team" I added. She smirked and the other girls looked at each other "actually, that's a good idea" Angela said.

"Kirk, right? That's exactly what I thought" Jessica said, they laughed, then looked at me, "what's your name?" They asked.

"Maya, it's nice to meet you" I said, they smiled "you too" they said, I looked at Bella and saw her staring at a group of people outside. "Who are they?" She asked, they looked at who she was looking at.

"They're Dr and Mrs Cullen's foster kids, they moved down here from Alaska, like, a few years ago" Jessica said.

"They kind of keep to themselves" Angela said, Jessica nodded "yeah 'cause they're together, like, together, together. The blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big, dark-haired guy, Emmett, they're like, a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal" Jessica said.

"Jess, they're not actually related" Angela said, Jessica looked at her, "yeah, but they live together, it's weird. Okay, the little dark-haired girl is Alice, she's really weird, she's best friends with Jasper, the blond one who looks like he's in pain. They're not dating but they're really close" she said.

"Who's he?" Bella asked, looking at the fifth Cullen, "that's Edward Cullen, he's totally gorgeous, obviously, but apparently nobody here's good enough for him" she said. I saw him smirk and I narrowed my eyes, there's no way he heard her from all the way over there.

I looked at the table where all the Cullen's were sitting, there was something fascinating about them, different, I couldn't quite place it. While I was staring at them I accidentally locked eyes with Jasper, his eyes were black, blacker than black, they were the definition of blinding darkness.

Yet there was something enchanting about them...

***

I entered my last class of the day, History, and looked around for an empty seat, the only available one was next to Jasper. I looked at the teacher as he noticed me, "Maya Swan, here are your books, we've already started a project so you might need to ask someone for help, you can sit next to Jasper Hale" she said.

I took the books and walked over the empty seat, sitting down and glancing at Jasper, Jessica was right, he looked like he was in a constant state of pain. I decided to be friendly in an attempt to make things a little less awkward. "Hi, I'm Maya" I said, holding out my hand for him to shake.

He clenched his jaw and swallowed, I lowered my hand awkwardly and looked at my desk, "I'm... Jasper..." he said. I looked at him "it's nice to meet you" I said.

I looked at the teacher as he started writing on the chalkboard, I smiled to myself a bit, Jasper seemed nice.

***

Bella and I went to a diner with Dad for dinner, now we were at home, I was sitting in my room on my laptop, FaceTiming with Katie. She was in her room, wearing pyjamas with her hair up in a messy bun.

"So, how did your first day go? You didn't replace me, did you?" She teased, I chuckled. "I didn't replace you, it was decent, met some new people I could definitely be friends with. I also met a boy in history" I said.

"Ooh!" She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively, I giggled "stop that" I said, crossing my arms. "So, who is he?" She asked.

"His name is Jasper Hale, he's a foster kid, he's got a few foster siblings and they're all in the same grade, everyone thinks they're really weird, especially this one girl, Alice" I explained.

"What's he like?" She asked, I sighed, "I've only talked to him once, and it was only a short interaction. But he's cute, and he has really strange eyes, they're blacker than black, they're so dark it's scary, but they're also kind of enchanting, it's strange" I said.

"So I'm assuming you're over Grace" she said, I stiffened, "of course I'm over Grace, I haven't seen her in months" I said.

"Okay, it's just that she was your first real relationship, you dated for over a year, then she cheated on you with Derek" she continued to go on even though I was visibly upset.

"Will you shut up? I said I'm over it, you don't have to keep talking about it" I snapped, she looked surprised. "I'm sorry..." she said, I clenched my jaw, "whatever, I gotta go" I said, slamming my laptop closed.

I set it down on top of my dresser and sighed, changing into a some red basketball shorts and a grey tank top and getting into bed. I closed my eyes and went to sleep, trying not to think of what Katie said.

Second chapter! I've already written the next five but I don't want to post them all at once in case I get writers block, that way I'll still be able to post even if I can't write. Thank you to my one reader! I'll keep writing if you keep reading, as long as someone is seeing my story, I'm happy 😊.