Chapter 20

2 weeks later

Jordan's POV:
I'm on my last shift before I go to pack my bags to see my beautiful girlfriend. I'm leaving my apartment building to go to my last shift before my 10 days off.

I get out of my car and walk in and see Ethan sorting his kit out. I stand next to him and do the exact same thing.

"Hey Ethan" I say smiling at him

"Morning Jordan. I heard you have finally sorted your life out" he says laughing

"Yeah I finally did it. This is my last day before I have 10 days off"

"Oh sweet, what's happening in them 10 days?"

"I'm going to Washington to see Mal" I say proudly

"I like Mal. She has got you to sort out your life eventually" he says laughing

"Good you better had like her because she's going to be sticking around. I can see a future with her"

"Woah Jordan that's amazing.  I'm so happy for you" he says hugging me

"Thanks man I appreciate it" I say and we get settled in.

I sat at the station for the whole day because we had no call outs. I went in the gym for a bit then just hung out with the others. I wait until 5 then I leave. I rush into my apartment and pack some clothes and things I will need when I'm away. Then I get back into my car and drive to the airport.

I get on the plane and I'm sat on the back row next to a family. Their younger daughter keeps on grabbing my hands and playing with them which I find cute.

"You have big hand" she says looking at them intensely

"Yeah I know I'm a big person" I said which made her laugh

"What's your name?"I ask her

"Sophia, what you called?" She asks

"I'm Jordan"

"Hi Jordan"

"Hi Sophia" I say back laughing

"Who drawed on your arms" she asks looking at my tattoos confused

" I went to a special shop to get them done. They stay on forever"

"Woahh that's cool" she says running her hand over them

"Why did you not colour them in?" She asks pointing to them

"When I have kids of my own they can colour them in over and over again" I said smiling at her

"Can I colour please?" She asks holding up her pencil case

"Go for it kiddo we have a long flight" I say smiling at her

"Yayyyy thank you Jordan" she says jumping onto my lap and hugging me

"Don't worry about it. What colour are you using first?" I ask her

Sophie colours in all of my tattoos by the time we are 20 minutes away from Washington's airport. The captain tells us to put our seatbelt on and fold away the table. I put Sophias belt on first then mine and I help her put away her colouring pens.

We prepare for landing, everything is going well until we get close to the ground. Only one of the wheels came out and that was the front one. We hit the ground hard and I smacked my head on the seat in front of me and Sophia was crying. I unbuckled my seat belt and jumped in front of her to protect her. I was standing in the isle and the air hostesses cart came flying down and smashed into my leg. My leg was twisted at an angle and I couldn't put weight on it.